grumpy

xdesertracer

Reaction
started off road racing in 1972 norra baja 500 in a blazer, also raced nascar modifieds and was crew on the lee brothers sportsman cars. I was codriver in the last few years for malcolm vinje's winiing 7s ford truck. I have a great family , that includes my wife who codrove with me at the mint 400 , parker, barstow , and is my guiding light. my oldest son codrove with me at parker in malcom vinje's 5 car the year malcolm swithed to trucks. my youngest son codrove with malcom vinje and me, the last time he won the baja 500,and also was a very good jet ski racer in the 90"s. I go to the desert and or colorado river as much as possible. I along with my youngest son , travis, pit for spec racing,all german motorsports,chuck hovey.i have a chenoweth explorer 4 seat car for the family to cruise in at the desert, which i can't due to a neck injury off roading.iam a special inspector for construction with icc concrete, masonry, prestressed concrete and welding / bolting certfications. i also have 2 hotrods, a 57 for 2dr ranch wagon and a 63 plymouth sport fury. i live in vista,ca

xdesertracer

Reaction
well i just got here and was reading the forum on head and neck restraints. alot of theses newbees that are young and think they know it all should look into what happened to earnharth,petty, they didnt make it, because the restraint wasn't developed yet.i cant go off roading anymore because of that same issue , i made it threw that one but now it hurts to much to go and under doctors advice i dont, hence the "xdesertracer" i am camp security, its ok travis and i pit for others and they seem to like experience and youth team. the guys and gals and their children don't know the results or look at the past accidents , they think it won't happen to them. I see the rino"s as the worst case of all