GT ? Trans Am ? GTO ?

bajaboy

Reaction
GT ? Trans Am ? GTO ? What do all these stand for? And please, I know GTO is not "get out the tools"

Thanks

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
GT, Gran Turismo, italian for Grand Touring. Trans Am, For the old Trans American racing sieres held in the US and Cananda. GTO, I forget.

jeff

Reaction
Website
www.performancelifts.com
It's Gran Turismo Omologato. And it's Eye-talian for Homologated Grand Touring. Basically a Euro racing class based on production vehicles. I guess GTO sounds way cooler than Gran Turismo Omologato. I'm not positive but they (Pontiac) might have been trying to trick people into thinking the Pontiac GTO and the Ferrari GTO were of the same caliber... ???

Aloha

ntsqd

Reaction
In the States "GTO" can also mean "Gran Touring, Over 2.0l", with "GTU" meaning the obvious "Gran Touring, Under 2.0l" Those are two road racing classes.

Billy, these kids are too young to remember that song. LOL!!!!!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
"Billy, these kids are too young to remember that song. LOL!!!!!"

What are you talkin about, that was there new stuff and it sucked. Blue collor man forever!
tongue.gif

Tom_Willis

Reaction
They'll be out in force at the Long Beach Gran Prix in 5 weeks. A Trans Am car is like a NASCAR vehicle on an 800 lb diet. With slightly smaller motors, but wider tires, better braking and better downforce. And you won't hear "yall" or "dang" out on the track.