guilty until proven innocent?

empire231

Reaction
what do you guys think about the kobe case?? it's a toss up, but i'm leaning more toward the innocent verdict.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
INNOCENT without question. Once again, its the f'ing media who jumps to conclusions about the accused. On a side note, did you hear that Kobe bought his wife an eight carat dimond necklace worth $4 million dollars in an effort to make up with her? Must be nice.....

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I dont think there is enough info out to form an educated opinion but I believe he didnt rape her. I just got my tickets to a preseason game at the Pond. I cant wait to see the Mailman, the Glove, the Big Aristotle, and hopefully Kobe dominate this year.

Littlenutts

Reaction
Another case of the man trying to bring down a brotha! I can't wait to see thoes guys DOMINATE!

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
wasnt going to post but i really dont care and dont like basketball so i guess i can use that in my thoughts. id like to see the guy go to jail. on a side note must be nice to have unlimited funds to go buy your "wife" if you can call her that a $4 million dollar i F'ed up honey please forgive me present. hell if i were her id get a divorce and take half his money if there wasnt a prenup

Gregg

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Gregg,

What a stupid comment. Just because you don't like someone and the profession they chose you'd like to see him go to jail? Thats B.S. The guy has done more for the community than you'll ever do. We need more Kobe's out there to as alternative role models to the Iverson's, Sprewell's and Rodman's. Don't judge people just by what they do, judge them for the person they are.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Gregg, I used to have a lot of respect for you, but that last comment makes me rethink that. That is exactly what is wrong with our society today, people with no facts and no knowledge hate people with money, that makes a lot of sense.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
travis,

im not judging him by what he does like i said i dont care. in my mind he is a scumbag no matter what. im not a religius person either but isnt one of the comandment thou shalt not comit adultry? hes a POS in my mind and just cause he "cool, famous, rich, and whatever" hes gonna get off thats bull. some role model he is huh? he might not have raped the chick but in his trial we will find out. if he did i want o see him rot in prison for 20 to life. if he didnt then the chick should be dealt wioth in a proper way to. more kobes? why so there can be more illigetiment kids on the street having there mommys collect welfare cause there "daddys" wont take care of them? i like the money i make and dont really want to be paying for a "good" persons one night of fun.

John,

I dont hate the guy cause he has money i envey (sp) him cause he can do what he does as a profession and make that money but he f'ed up and now he should pay if he was wrong. i just know what i hear on the news and read in the newspapers.

Gregg

sweetdevil

Reaction
Nope, I guess not...
well, I disagree. Ya, rape is a serious thing. I'm no one to say it did or didn't happen, I wasn't there. Ya, adultery is a serious thing to, but it doesn't deserve prison time. Life with his wife after that stunt will be prison enough!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
I'm with Travis on this one.
Its going to be a media circus... well, it is already so far.

Hunter S. Thompson mentioned on ESPN.COM that it was going to surpass the O.J. trial... now we're in for it!

-Gabe

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I'll I can is wow. Glad to see you won't be on his jury. Do you know Kobe doesn't drink, smoke or party. EVER. What about you? Do you know that after each game he goes home to be with his wife and new born daughter. How do you know that he and his wife weren't having major problems, contemplating divorce and that is why he slept with her, thinking it was over. Not saying its right but there may be facts that you don't know about. Its sad to think that there are people with beliefs like yours who make up juries and are parting of the voting population.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Rhiannon,

i know adultery doesnt desever life in prison but it does make me think why some one would think this guy is a saint. life with his wife is a joke now he did something that in his vows what less then 2 years ago he vowed not to do. i think i have a new role model now kobes the MAN.

obviously i dis agree with you guys but i wasnt there either so i dont know [daddy didnt love me] im just stating my opinions.

Gregg

schafer

Reaction
Gregg,

Im not religeous either, but last time i looked there wasnt a law against adultry.. Let God be the judge, also if he did rape her, he will need to goto jail, but if he is found innocent (not OJ styool) either, then thats that. He had an affair, he admitted to it, he was wrong and knows this. Hopefully for his familys sake he will not do it again.

l8

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
look at me getting all this attention cause i stated my opinion. travis i dont smoke, rarely drink and party when theres a time and place kobe didnt party when he helped the lakers win the trophies? when your on a jury you are told to make your disicion on the facts.

i know i was on a murder trial in feburary fo like 3 weeks. we (the Jury) made our dission on what we were told were FACTS. i didnt believe the dudes story but the facts led me to believe in our verdict.

Gregg

billymanfroy

Reaction
$4 mil may sound like a lot to us, but he probably just followed the "2 month's salary" rule. It reminds me of when the guy here in Silicon Valley bought a McClaren F1 for $1 mil and everyone was astounded at the wasteful and frivolous way in which this guy spent his money. "Why spend $1 mil on a car?" Well, he had just sold Zip2.com to yahoo or someone for $330 million. How many of you bought your last car for 1/330th of your net worth? He spent a WAY smaller percentage of his income to buy that thing than a normal person would spend buying a used Hyundai. Think about it. Some people have A LOT of money. That doesn't make them guilty, and it certainly doesn't make them innocent, but EVERYONE is supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty. Period.

As for the rape thing, none of us were there and shouldn't pass judgement. Not only that, but we'll never have all the facts especially after the media has had their way with him. I friggin hate all stick and ball sports and personally think they are all making way too much money for playing a game, but you can't blame a guy for working hard and getting into that elite a profession.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
No, he didn't that was part of the problem his team had with him, he would never go celebrate with them.

murphco

Reaction
this happens every day in every country state city,the difference is it happened to someone famous.nobody would care if the guy that sold you soda at the store did it and the only way you would know is if he was talking about it with other people in front of you.he is who he is and that is why he is having this trouble in this way.he may have committed adultry if he wasn't famous but i think because he is it happened this way.the only people that truly know what happened are kobe and ms dirty colorado.and how does that f1 do through the whoops?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I though Kobe had bought the necklace before his wife found out about it.

durtygirl

Reaction
Personally, I think Kobe is innocent and I also think that the girl who is the "victim" is just wanting her 15 min of fame. Me, being a KINGS FAN, don't know much about Kobe; but he always seems to be down to earth and a very respectable athlete. I don't think that he would of done something like that, it just doesn't seem like his personality.