37" BFG Projects
17" Robby Gordon beadlocks
Wilwood rear brakes
Art Carr Shifter
80s Bronco center console
1.75" bed cage
1.5" interior cage
Dual Batteries

Just a simple sorta old school prerunner.

06Chevy4x4LT

Love it - badass indeed! Surprised I don't see a dedicated trans cooler... Although the biggest problem is the probably the missing screw on the interior door panel on the drivers side! Better get that checked out!

philofab

Powered by Optima
The two coolers to left of the radiator are coolers. The small one is power steering and the big is transmission.

The transmission is also equipped with a "cooler" pan with tubes through it.

Eventually it will get an oil cooler and a trans cooler behind the cab with electric fans.

philofab

Powered by Optima
What beams are on it?
Not sure who did the work to them.

Equal length, with lots of clean reinforcement. I assume they are 7/8 king pin but I have not disassembled to verify. Still on bushings, radius arms are extended Autofab style. I assume the stuff is 75-79 or so.

retroblazer

Was it running when you bought it? It's a cool truck. Interesting mix of new back end and vintage front hardware. Nice open canvas, but what did you have in mind, before you laid out the cash?

philofab

Powered by Optima
It ran but there were a couple of fuel leaks. The accelerator pump and pressure regulator diaphragm were both toast from drying out to many times. $17 later the leaks were fixed.

I was looking for another bump or dentside to replace a project I had traded off to Johnny Branch. Most were way out of my price range or bone stock. This was closest to what I wanted so it fit the bill. From what it looks like someone was updating the truck and simply hadn't gotten to the front end yet.

Today I made a quick hitch for it so I can move empty trailers between locations.

philofab

Powered by Optima
Installed some new tires today... upgraded to Toyo 39" race tires. The truck drives sooo much smoother now. Going to have to convert to a full floater and put bigger breaks on it soon.

philofab

Powered by Optima

Got some beam pivots and radius arm pivots from Ryan Piggott / Dezline Fabrication in today. Now I just need to find some 1" kingpin beams (I think mine are 7/8) and some 1 ton spindles with the "bolt on" caliper mounts. Once I have that I can put together a 13" rotor brake package for the front and build some radius arms.

philofab

Powered by Optima
Started building an exhaust today... I was lucky as all of the bolts came out of the exhaust manifolds without issue. The headers that came with the truck are for a 351M (Clevelands were never offered in trucks) and were supposed to fit, the do not. The driver side fits ok but the passenger hits the starter and frame. Going to fit a later model gear reduction starter tomorrow and attempt to clearance the transmission, headers, and frame. I'll post photos tomorrow.

philofab

Powered by Optima

First, got the headers on, it was quite a chore. The manifolds came right off without a issue but it appears the engine is about 2" forward of stock. This required the crossmember on the right side to be trimmed quite a bit. Moving the engine back would require transmission crossmember modification and drive line shortening, so that idea wasn't feasible at the moment.

Second, I also installed a late model PMGR starter to create clearance and improve reliability. When the truck gets rewired I will remove the firewall mounted solenoid.

Last, I replaced the springs in the door hinges as one was worn out and the other non existent.

Tomorrow I will start running tubing back and create an X pipe or H pipe to connect the dual exhaust. Driveline, crossmember, and other items make the X pipe unlikely.

philofab