GUY GIFTS??? Set of kitchen knives??? Need some ideas

MALIBLOC

Reaction
So I want to get a gift for two of my friends, and I was thinking what is something I want. Well since my Knifes in my kitchen seem to tear chicken and not cut through it, I was thinking that the set of knives for the kitchen would be good, Im looking at spending about 150 per dude, so about 300 total, can I maybe get a bit$%'n set for a 100 and get three , one for myself?????

Anyone , cause I went to bed bath and beyond and was alittle overwhelmed! or is there something else that has worked really good in the past, these guy deserve it!

peace

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
a humidor and a couple nice cigars ... gave them to a couple of my friends and they love them and still use them... just a thought

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction

steveG

Reaction
Last year for Christmas I bought a bunch of high-end flashlights (on clearance) and gave them to most of my family and a close friend. I bought them Inova T2 models which are about as big as a mini-Maglite and about 5 times as bright as a 4 D-cell Maglite. At first I felt like a dork for giving flashlights as gifts, but I knew it was something they would never buy for themselves (a $60 flashlight). They were a big hit and are still being used today.

Check these places out if you're interested:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/flashlights.html

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=22

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297&osCsid=1cfc1ad1ececb83a678a0b3363bdc31d

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
GOLF, Cigars?

Go take your buddies to a shooting range and rent some big ol guns and blow some stuff away.

BANG BANG BANG!!!!

While typing bang bang bang I also realized a 150 dollar strip club gift card would be awesome too. I will consider anyone who spends $150 on me at the nudie bar a true friend. (my birthday is late sept BTW)

MikeLeung

Reaction
So I want to get a gift for two of my friends, and I was thinking what is something I want. Well since my Knifes in my kitchen seem to tear chicken and not cut through it, I was thinking that the set of knives for the kitchen would be good, Im looking at spending about 150 per dude, so about 300 total, can I maybe get a bit$%'n set for a 100 and get three , one for myself?????

Anyone , cause I went to bed bath and beyond and was alittle overwhelmed! or is there something else that has worked really good in the past, these guy deserve it!

peace
Try a knife sharpener.

But if you what to buy a nice knife, the most essential kitchen utensil, then dont waste your money at Bed Bath or Williams Sonoma. Go to a knife store, or even better a restaurant supply store (most are open to the public). Get a good brand knife like, Wusthof or Global (a Japanese brand).

zetapsi827

Reaction
I have a nice set of knives from bed bath and beyond. they are all one piece full polished stainless steel. very nice, sharp. weren't too expensive.

Golf lessons at the PGA Superstore are cool if he's a golfer.

I gave my best man a Bose Ipod docking station. That sucker is loud.

Other than that power tools are always good.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
Try a knife sharpener.

But if you what to buy a nice knife, the most essential kitchen utensil, then dont waste your money at Bed Bath or Williams Sonoma. Go to a knife store, or even better a restaurant supply store (most are open to the public). Get a good brand knife like, Wusthof or Global (a Japanese brand).
times two on a restaurant supply house i have a global set and i love them they do not come with a block

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Best knives in the history of mankind are Cutco, no lie!!! But NOT cheap at all!!!! I like the cigar idea that would be awesome.

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Reaction
I worked for a high end Appliance place for many years and sold cutlery sets as well. 90% of guys use two knives. 6 to 8 inch Chef knife/santoku and a 4 inch paring/bird beak. I would just buy them each a 8 inch chef knife and get them engraved. There are many good Cutlery knives out there, but they are only as good as they are sharp! Cutco was mentioned and does make a good product. They just need to redesign there handle. Very uncomftorable and not lefty friendly. Excellent customer service thou! I've used and been given just about every Cutlery set out there and the block that sits on my counter is Kershaw http://www.kershawknives.com/products.php?search_by=category&brand=shun I can't say enough about them.

tim_krueger

Reaction
if you're still interested in knives try Cutco, hands down the best knives ever made.

here is a link to their gift box section, there are 4 pages of sets, you'll have to call or schedule an in home demonstration to find out pricing.
http://www.cutco.com/products/thumbnail.jsp?category=40&pageCount=4&page=1

they are not cheap, think Snap-on pricing, but they are so well worth it

i use my Cutco knives every day and often take them with me when i bbq or cook at a friends