H2o

Stone Crawler

RDC Crypto
What are you guys doing for water delievery in your race cars.

Currently we are using an igloo that is 1 gal. mounted behind the seats.
It has two seperate drink tubes that come from the bottom of the Igloo and go up to the drivers with the small bite devices that you can open up like a camel back device. We have a filler hose that goes to the outside of the car and pit members can refill it at any pit stop.

Problem is...

Second drivers never get the water as the tubes get lost in the driver change and the second driver is not real excited about putting a tube in his mouth that the first guys where grinding on. The first drivers also complain that the tubes fall out and they are unable to retrieve them.

I was thinking that a camel back mounted on each driver between the seat belt on their chests would be a fair compromise. any thoughts?

maxyedor

RDC Crypto
Camelback bladder is the best way to go IMHO. You can use a peice of velcro to attach the hose to the harness shoulder-belt and the bite-valve will say put so you can grab it and take a sip really easily. I've used similar set-ups for my truck, in sports-cars, and my mountain-bike, you do have to take your hands off the wheel/handelbars to take a sip, but it's not a big deal really.

Aslo since checking the truck and fueling usually takes longer than the driver-change you should be able to swap out the the Camelback as a whole, or just swap the bite-valves without adding time to the pit-stop.

mike_hinson

RDC Crypto
Website
www.Formulanine.com
I have Camel backs with 12V windshield washer motors in line. They are wired to a dashboard switch for getting a drink. The co-driver operates the switch so the driver can keep both hands on the wheel. They are mounted inside the car every race with zip ties. The drink tubes have a piece of velcro so they stay put when not in use. I think a lot of cars have this type of system installed.
Mike

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
RDC Crypto
Second drivers never get the water as the tubes get lost in the driver change and the second driver is not real excited about putting a tube in his mouth that the first guys where grinding on. The first drivers also complain that the tubes fall out and they are unable to retrieve them.

QUOTE]

Id be more worried about the first driver pissing in the seat if anything. The second driver wont even think twice about drinking from the same tube once he is thirsty. Velcro works good to hold the tube in place. I run deist belts in my car. they have a cover on it that allows you to slide the tube through. Usually wont go anywhere during driver changes.

C. Bucher

RDC Crypto
Zip-Tie the tube to the pumper hose or to the intercomm wire.

That should be easy enough to find....

Stone Crawler

RDC Crypto
Thanks for the input guys. Ya know I never thought about the piss in the seat thing, but they sure held water well in that Loreto section we pre ran last year at the 1000. Guess the easy thing to do is start the races instead of finishing.:D

TyBo1001

RDC Crypto
I believe that Beard can add a camelback pouch into the back of their seats if you want, others may do this too. We just normally use a camelback backpack ziptied into the car, behind the seat.