Halloween PC Desert Clean-Up

dwasser

Reaction
We are finalizing the details for the October 31st Desert clean-up in Plaster City. We would also like to invite any one that wants to sponsor the clean-up to give me a call at 760-791-7663. It's cheap. We are only trying to cover our cost and get some give-aways for participants.

General Details (More specifics coming in the next few weeks)

October 31, 2009
8:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Plaster City West
Free event T-Shirt for all participants (Must pre-register to guaranty getting a shirt)
Pre-register by sending an email to Kelly@drive-racing.com with the names of all the people in your group an their t-Shirt sizes. Please pre-register by October 12th.

This is a joint effort with the Chicken Bones Group of District 38. They have a race the following day (Sunday). We are expecting about 250 participants this time. There were 122 people at the last one we did with D-38 in March and we only advertised it for a month.

Since it is Halloween will will also be be awarding prizes for the best costume and the best decorated pit on Chicken Bone's pit row. We would also like to ask all the people on pit row to bring some treats for the youngsters since they will be celebrating Halloween desert style.

If for some reason you can't make it to this one there is another clean-up being put on by the amazing group, Clean-Dezert.org in mid November. If your feeling froggy maybe you can make both.

Here is the link to the thread with the details. http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68589

Last edited:

Clean-Dezert.org

Reaction
Clean-dezert is stoked to donate some shirts and stickers for this clean-up and we should have atleast a couple of us from up north coming down for this.

baja619

Reaction
Sounds like a blast. Way to make it happen.

dwasser

Reaction
Powder1 has signed up as a sponsor for the clean-up. It was a hard sell. ;)

Me "Hey Chris, we are doing a clean-up on October....."

Chris "Done deal"

I can't say enough about what Chris and Powder1 do for local racing. Great group!

dwasser

Reaction
We are one month away from the clean-up. So far the following companies have stepped up to help sponsor this event.

Beardesignz http://www.beardesignz.com/

ORW http://offroadwarehouse.com/

Powder1 http://www.powder1.com/

SFI Designs http://www.sfidesigns.com/

SRD http://www.strategicracingdesigns.com/

Clean Dezert.org http://www.clean-dezert.org/

All it takes to sponsor the clean-up is $100. The $100 gets your logo on the event t-shirt. It also goes towards paying for food, drinks, dumpsters, prizes, anything else that comes up, and of course the shirts. Once the event is over we will add up the cost. If there is money left over we will divide it up among the sponsors and send a check back for the difference. We anticipate this event costing $1000 plus so the more sponsors the better. I feel bad even asking for donations in this economy but its difficult for DRIVE and Chickenbones to carry the full burden ourselves.

Individuals and teams are more then welcome to sponsor the clean-up too.

Chicken Bones and DRIVE are looking forward to a great day in the desert. Pick up some trash in the morning and go for a ride in the afternoon. If you have never been to a D-38 race you are missing out. They are a blast. Your service at the clean-up is more then enough but if you want to volunteer at the race on Sunday feel free. Kelly and I will for sure. It’s always a good time. If you do want to volunteer please contact Marty by sending an e-mail to martychickenbones@hotmail.com.

On a side note….Something us truck and buggy guys and gals aren’t used to is NO PRE-RUNNING. The course for the Chickenbones race will be marked by Saturday. Please do not run the course when you are out having a good time after the clean-up. They do not allow anyone to pre-run and it would be detrimental to the joint effort if people decided to go out and run their course. I only bring this up because it’s different from what we are used to and it may seem natural to follow arrows.

Please sign up for the clean-up before 10-12-09 by sending an email to Kelly@drive-racing.com with the names of the people in your group and their shirt sizes. It’s the only way we can guarantee you a shirt. You can always make a last minute decision to come out but we won’t be able to guarantee the shirt.

Who knew picking up trash could be so fun!

Brian & Amy

Reaction
Clean-dezert is stoked to donate some shirts and stickers for this clean-up and we should have atleast a couple of us from up north coming down for this.
Clean-Desert.org is so cool, period.

Susyq619

Reaction
Sounds like an awesome plan, way to go everyone!

Brian & Amy

Reaction
BTW,
I'll be the big ugly guy in the banana costume picking up trash.

Just if anyone wanted to know......

:D

dwasser

Reaction
Were in, will you be set up in the same spot as last time?
Thanks for signing up. We will set up near the Chickenbones signup trailer. It will be in PC West. Just follow the orange arrows off of Evan Hewes. (PC West staging area)

The dead line for signing up to get the event t-shirt is October 12. If you haven't signed up yet please send an e-mail to kelly@drive-racing.com with the names of the people in your group and their shirt sizes. It’s the only way we can guarantee you a t-shirt.

I'm looking forward to a good time in the desert hanging out and then working a great race with Chickenbones. Their races are always fun.

See everyone out there!

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Reaction
If we're not totally engrossed in Prepping for the 7th, I'm going to come dressed like a...................................................................................................................................

Fast Guy :D
Caleb or Steven or Ramsey....well you get the idea:cool:

dwasser

Reaction
Sounds like an awesome plan, way to go everyone!
Have you signed up yet?

Beetle and I will see you out there to help clean up.
I knew you would make it.:D

BTW,
I'll be the big ugly guy in the banana costume picking up trash.

Just if anyone wanted to know......

:D
At least you'll be hidden by the costume and won't scare all the people away.:eek:

If we're not totally engrossed in Prepping for the 7th, I'm going to come dressed like a...................................................................................................................................

Fast Guy :D
Caleb or Steven or Ramsey....well you get the idea:cool:
Good Costume:)

dwasser

Reaction
We are also very happy to add D-38 clubs IV Racing and Full Throttle to the list of sponsors for the clean up.

Get you names in by the 12th if you want an event t-shirt. It will also help us plan for food and drinks for everyone.

dwasser

Reaction
Had a quick meeting with the BLM today. They are on board with the clean up and will be paying for a dumpster. I’d like to get a local recycling company to bring out a dumpster just for metal and paper. If anyone knows a good place to contact please let me know.

Part of our original goal was to work with the BLM to create a better place to race and play. It looks like it is working.

We are also extending the dead line to sign up until the 16th. If you decide last minute to come out please do. We just can’t guarantee you a t-shirt but will try to hook you up with something.

Thanks to everyone that signed up and is sponsoring this event!

Tundranation

Reaction
Had a quick meeting with the BLM today. They are on board with the clean up and will be paying for a dumpster. I’d like to get a local recycling company to bring out a dumpster just for metal and paper. If anyone knows a good place to contact please let me know.

Part of our original goal was to work with the BLM to create a better place to race and play. It looks like it is working.

We are also extending the dead line to sign up until the 16th. If you decide last minute to come out please do. We just can’t guarantee you a t-shirt but will try to hook you up with something.

Thanks to everyone that signed up and is sponsoring this event!
good news you extended the sign up to the 16th, I slept right thru the 12th ! :D

dwasser

Reaction
good news you extended the sign up to the 16th, I slept right thru the 12th ! :D
We got all your info. Big group. Thanks!

I also want to thank Tom Wadrup and Tandem West Glass for their $200 sponsorship. With the BLM paying for a dumpster and some leads on a recycling dumpster from Suzanne we should have all the cost covered.

Thank you to everyone that has signed up. If you’re planning on coming please get us you names and t-shirt sizes by the 16th. Send them to kelly@drive-racing.com

Thanks again. A few hours picking up trash goes a long way in the public eye.