HALO online?

mxjeremy

Reaction
Does anyone else here play halo online? It's pretty awesome if you find someone who is close to you w/ a fast connection. It would be cool to set up some games w/other dez people. If you have DSL/Cable/T1 and and XBOX, it is worth buying a router or at least another NIC and setting it up. I use <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml>http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml</A> but from what I read it's the slowest one.

See you online. Through my sniper rifle at 10x zoom that is.
late.

mxjeremy

Reaction
check out the link above. you need to download the tunnel, and the gamespy software. Setup an account with gamespy. get a router and it's so easy, otherwise you need 2 nic cards. let me know if you need help with setting up a router or the software. we are playing tonight under mxjeremy if you get ambitious and set it up now.

Volcom1095

Reaction
Couldn't get it working. It wouldn't connect. Can you get me some help. I'm running the xbox into the hub and the computer into the hub and the dsl into the hub and its not working. Any suggestions. I tried creating and joining and it wouldn't work, but the xbox IS connected....... . do i need a rouder or maybe i should try 2 nics.>>??

mxjeremy

Reaction
you should be able to configure it with a hub. with my router, i need to put port forwarding on 6500 and 6700 to the PC. I don't know how this part will work with a hub. Have you checked thru their FAQ? Otherwise, also make sure you launch the xbox tunnel right before or after you sign on to gamespy. And there is a glitch where you have to launch your own game thru gamespy, then thru halo, and back out of everything. If you don't do that, you will constantly get a false dirty disk error. You've hooked the cables up correctly, now it's just a matter of getting the pc & xbox talking. I assume you can get to the internet already, otherwise how would you read this?