Hand brake plumbing

Chubs

I’ve done a lot of YouTube detective work but all comes back street car stuff.
How are you guys plumbing in your hand brakes?
My truck is running a spooled 9”, I’ve seen an extra caliper mounted Between 10:00 & 12:00, but I’m sure that’s not necessary, I’d think I’d be able to T into my rear brake feed to be able to accommodate my hand brake w maybe a check valve just upstream of the T to keep pressure from going back to the distribution block ? Thanks for any help guys! If you can’t find here on RDC it’s probably not true!

jon coleman

selector valve is your answer.like on aviation aplications.as u apply hand brake, you close off master cyl psi& return.might be possible.this is for a cutting brake app.correct. i remember seeing a set up of a seperate floor pedal for rears only, but it had seperate calipers.

EOR1488

You dont need an extra caliper etc. Most hand breaks have a flow threw design. So you would run ur rear break line into the hand break and then out of the hand break to the rear. When you press the brake pedal as normal fluid flows to all four calipers and flows threw the hand break and back to the rear as normal. When you apply the hand break by itself of course it just pushes fluid to rear breaks only.

jon coleman

yeah, selector valve, shuts off return, separates from front , rear only .cost ? i coulda used one a few times in those tight switch backs...