Happy 5th Anniversary Dirt Sports!

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
Greetings,

On behalf of everyone at Ryan Communications Group (RCG) and the talented staff of writers, photographers and designers at Dirt Sports, I wanted to take a quick opportunity to celebrate the 5th Anniversary of that first September, 2004 issue. In a publishing world were old titles are hurting and true quality has taken a back seat to quantity, it's very rewarding to have reached this milestone and have the opportuntity to execute the new redesign of Dirt Sports.

Thanks to all of the talented people (staff and freelance) who contributed countless late nights and weekends to help keep the Dirt Sports train moving, along with all the advertisers, racers, promoters, fabricators, teams and the colorful people of the "Nation" for your enthusiastic support and occasional criticism. Also, thanks to the RDC folks for letting us offer this kind of message to you all.

Best,
Marty Fiolka

Attachments

mawtrophykart

Reaction
You guys still going to print biased one sided opionated non journalistic BS Marty?

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Congrats!!!! I am very happy to have my little part in helping out with covering some of the East Coast events and hope to be with you at the 10th anniversary too!!!!

Baja Fool

Reaction
Wow, rough crowd....thanks for a great mag.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Isn't this kind of like wishing myself Happy Birthday??? Oh well congrats Dirtsports..

stokessdca

Reaction
thanks dirt sports for the great magazine i look forward to it every month. i really do not understand why people continue to complain about dirt sports. if you do not like it do not buy it. but there is no other magazine as solely dedicated to desert and short course racing as dirt sports is. so i would try to support it and try to offer some constructive criticism when you see something that you disagree with. because with out dirt sports there would be nothing and that would not be good for anyone.

Reaction
Shameless self-promotion, Marty! You taking lessons from certain rdc posters? j/k CONGRATS at keeping it published!

stokessdca

Reaction
well i guess you have never read "DUSTY TIMES" ???
of course i have read the dusty times and it is great source of race information.
and judy smith writes some great articles but it is basically a news paper with race results and some black and white pictures. and i really do not consider that the same as a magazine with glossy pages, color pictures, articles on every aspect of desert and short course racing along with rock crawling. there are interviews, tech articles, news,
ect. to me personally the master piece of metal articles are alone worth the price of the subscription, but that is just me. so the " dusty times and dirt sports" are both muy bueno. thank you

baja619

Reaction
The new Magazine format, layout, graphics & design, and overall quality has really stepped up. The editorials & articles are top notch as usual but what you guys have done with the last issue really shows how much Ryan Communications Group has poured into their new endeavor.

Outstanding!

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
As a fan Im happy to see the mag still going strong, the new format looks great as well. As a contributor Im proud to be a small part of it.

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
Thank You Dirt Sports! I love Dirt Sports!

Marty, just think Crandon at 50 and Dirt Sports at 10:)

BlueCrace

Reaction
Wow has it already been 5 years? Then again Dust to Glory also came out 5 years ago. Together the launch of Dust to Glory and the launch of Dirt Sports at the Grove was a Epic event.

Congratulations on making through and continuing to evolve. Thanks for bringing the great stories and photos and never jeoporizing quality, the creative courage to do great things, industry leading contributors , steller coverage and all of the great events through out the years.

Long live DirtSports.

EM

Reaction
Congrats to Jim, Marty, Kurt & the rest of the Dirt Sports team! The magazine is 1st class and I know how tough it can be to put ink on paper these days. You guys had to go thru a lot of BS to keep Dirt Sports alive and I am glad you did!
Look forward to celebrating with a few cold friends and the next race. By the way, is it wrong to wish yourself Happy Birthday?
Greg

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
i am proud to say i have almost every single dirt sports, some in better condition than others but non the less i am a VERY loyal fan of dirtsports.

thanks to marty and jim and the rest of the dirtsports crew, you guys have made our sport grow so much within the last five years.... i CAN'T WAIT to see what dirtsports has to offer in another 5 years!!

THANKS GUYS!!!

Adam

Bink Designs

Reaction
I have to say thanks for all your hard work Dirt Sports! You guys put out one of the best looking / editorial automotive magazines around! The new issue blew me away with the all new graphics layout :) I am just happy to be a little part of it from time to time. Now let's make it to 10 years!

JoeyD23

Reaction
Congrats to Dirt Sports! One of if not the best off road related Magazines around. Like someone else said, the Masterpeice In Metal articles are worth the price alone. It was nice meeting and speaking with you on Saturday Marty, we hope to make the magazine with the new build!!!! Keep up the hard work!!!