Happy Birthday RDC

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
If you guys haven’t seen it yet Klaus’ story about how it all started is on the home page.

Although I wasn’t an official business partner with Klaus until 2007 I’ve helped out with RDC in various ways since almost the beginning and I want to thank everyone that’s been here over the years (new and old). I was looking back at old files the last few weeks and it’s crazy to see how the sport has changed over the years. And also how this site has evolved and the web in general. Who remembers the OG guestbook?

Last edited:

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Congrats to Klaus and the gang. Been with this site since the beginning, only 5 people between myself and Curtis. Can't believe it's been that long.

RDC Member#9

McCredie A

Reaction
Thanks for the years of entertainment. I have been utilizing the site since 2002 ish. The best classifieds in desert racing!

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Congrats RDC! And thanks for bringing the platform and content for everyone in our industry to enjoy and partake.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Bday.jpg

Speedster

Reaction
A toast with some Dos Equis ;-) is in order this evening, when I get off work!
Happy Birthday Race-Dezert!
Thank you Klaus, Curtis, and all contributors for this great resource of usefulness and entertainment we have!

rkracing

Reaction
Pretty cool to see how far its come and how its impacted many people and off road racing in general

DezerBlingMoto

Reaction
Feliz Cumpleanoz RDC !!! ARRIVA ARRIVA thanks for giving us dirt people a place to come and chop the soup up . An for classified I saved so much money buying parts off classified lol

Jack

Reaction
Happy birthday. Have loved the climb of this forum from the beginning. I didn't sign up right away when I changed from a single thread so I didn't get an early number. It was sad to see the use go down with all the other social media options but it seems to be climbing back now that people are fed up with all the privacy that is given up using those other options. Let's make RDC great again.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Wow this thread was unexpected. Thank you.

In my home page story I on purpose did NOT individually list the many contributors that helped with todays success of this site. There are just too many and instead of hurting anyones feelings by not mentioning them I choose to not go that route at all.

That story was about the foundation. The idea behind the name. Some basics that led up to the registration of the domain name.

Many people have helped. Some no longer help. Some still do. Others do in a different capacity. Some relationships are lessons learned. Most are still here on this very forum and active in my daily life. In case you felt left out you are not forgotten.

Thank you.

---
The forum that we currently run started with completely different software. However the userID (how it gets saved in the database) is sequential and an indicator of age on the site. March 22, 2001 is what my profile reads and that is as old as it gets. Whatever software we used prior is lost. If you click on a profile and it opens up. In the web address it has a number towards the end. Thats it.

Any single digits users around and still active?