• Forum membership has its advantages....

harbor freight tools that don't suck

socalmoto

I bought a HF 2piston air compressor pump about 6months ago. Ive had a campbell and a couple craftsman (all oiled pumps). One of my craftsman pumps took a crap, so I swapped on the HF pump (was not bolt on swap). The HF is far quieter then any others ive heard in a very long time. Especially in my shop, I was used to stopping a conversation or having to walk outside to talk with someone when the compressor turned on. With all concrete and steel around the compressors were very loud. Now with HF its not bad at all!! Dont even miss a word spoken when it kicks on and is running.

None of the other 5hp range pumps ive had have ever kept up with continuous air tool use (like die grinders), and the HF pump is no exception. But it seems to be just as fast or slightly faster then the others (could be perception). Ill repost/edit this if/when it takes a crap lol

Baja Fool

Just bought these ramps to replace a radiator in the wife's car. They were awesome; worked as advertised, plenty strong enough, made in the USA to boot! Cost was same as chinese made items. Worked great.
ramps.jpeg

Baja Fool

Just bought an 14" electric chainsaw from Harbor Freight. Cut some major branches off of my elm tree, cut up my dead plum tree, all without a whimper. Time will tell but for $45 bucks it won't take much....

green787

I use their air conditioning vacuum pump and gauges to service my air conditioning.... Works great..!!!

mfs

I use their air conditioning vacuum pump and gauges to service my air conditioning.... Works great..!!!
I did that too the Gauges are pretty nice I just got the cheap vac pump that hooks up to your air compressor worked good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cusico

Their stainless steel magnetic parts trays are solid. No moving parts to break is key at HF.

No stamped Pittsburg or harbor freight logos either.

$3-$4 or wait for the 1/2 off sales.

Last edited:

cusico

Their cheapo calipers look the same as the cheapo Snap-on and BluePoint ones which are also made in China.

Under $10 for a digital caliper that works for keeping in a truck or basic fab stuff. It has a place, no shame, just not for critical work.

SpareChangeRacng

I've got the 9" locking drill press clamp that is like 1/2 a vice-grip that bolts to the drill table. I figured for under $10 it was worth a try. It's worked fine for the last year or so, so I threw another one on the christmas list this year & got it.
9" Drill Press Locking Clamp

Also when looking that up I came across this F style clamp that is like a Bessey or Strong Hand for 1/2 the price. They had good reviews so I threw one on the Christmas list as well & got one. I haven't tried it yet but it should work just fine. Just like my Strong Hands but less "finished". Not as smooth, machining on parts isn't quite as nice, etc. but for the price I figured it was worth a shot. It can be the clamp I beat on a bit, MIG right next to the pad on, etc.
12 in. F-Style Welding Clamp

Also finally got one of the little $4, blue magnet based LED flashlight things they used to give away & I could never end up with. Finally put one one the Christmas list & got it. Thing is bright as heck! Magnet isn't super strong, but for $4 or less it's fine. It stayed on the truck the other night as I worked, so I am happy! I promptly dropped the thing and thought "crap, there goes that" but much to my surprise it's still kickin!
27 LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight

And here's another one I am trying. This one most likely will NOT belong in this thread, but I've wanted one & they are cheap so I threw this on the Christmas list as well & got one (wife did some one stop shopping!). Compared to $400+ for a dynabride I'll give it a shot. haven't tried it yet, but I hope to use it on the aluminum dash for my truck here in a bit. I figured the end of the thing will do ok for some inside radius cleanup work on tighter bends.
3/8 in. Belt Air Sander

TMorford

Also finally got one of the little $4, blue magnet based LED flashlight things they used to give away & I could never end up with. Finally put one one the Christmas list & got it. Thing is bright as heck! Magnet isn't super strong, but for $4 or less it's fine. It stayed on the truck the other night as I worked, so I am happy! I promptly dropped the thing and thought "crap, there goes that" but much to my surprise it's still kickin!
27 LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight
These always show up for next to nothing with a coupon too. I have a handful of them that I've tossed in my trucks and they still work fine years later. The red LED triangles that are on the shelves next to them are good too. We tied them to pit signs and our drivers have never had an issue finding us in the middle of the night.

mfs

These always show up for next to nothing with a coupon too. I have a handful of them that I've tossed in my trucks and they still work fine years later. The red LED triangles that are on the shelves next to them are good too. We tied them to pit signs and our drivers have never had an issue finding us in the middle of the night.
Had 2, I liked them but they always die on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk