Hardest Hit You Took

BoxRacing

Reaction
This goes out to drivers and co dawgs - what was the hardest hit you took. Who hit you. At what race.

Sparky

Reaction
MORE race 2 weeks ago. We hit the desert, or it hit us. Whatever. I just remember the flash of white from the impact then seeing stars. Did the same thing about a hundred yards later. It was at that point that I told the driver to ratchet it down a notch.

BUDMAN975

Reaction
Barstow March 21st. I got crossed up in some tall whoops that fit my 9 car just perfectly and went flying perpendicular with the course, landed sideways exploded my rear drum into at least 20 pieces was able to keep from going over but broke my wrist in the process. Not a good day for me, oh yeah I did that in the first 12 miles. Stupid ME

BoxRacing

Reaction
Forgot to add mine. Long time ago in laughlin. Same class, good pass but hit so hard I came out of the seat. Cussing under the helmet for sure. Tore up the bumper, but still a good pass.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
... we are racing a 12 car at last years v2r and got smacked HARD by a pro truck that was 2 hrs+ down... he hit us so hard me and the driver saw stars ...

... the crappy thing is that he hit us in a place where we had absolutely nowhere to go, power poles on the right and a cliff on the left, along with going through repetitious holes/g-outs that were in excess of 6 feet tall...

... lame move if you ask me....... but ...ill always remember who did it :D

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
On the rollers next to the railroad tracks heading towards jean from the lake bed in primm. I was riding right seat with dale white driving brian collins old class 8 AKA the grasshopper we just dialed in the brake bias everything is up to temp and dale stands on it we are doing just fine around 6 grand in third got her up on plane and the next hole is a little wide we go into the bottom and get spit out the other side with the **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** way to high hit the next one front first now I'm looking down past the hood watching the earth going past at a high rate of speed when the rear end comes down dale mashes the throttle to get the nose up and we hit the next one perfectly full compression not enough rebound in the rear and the **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** comes over the front. All i remeber was dirt sky dirt sky I lost track after 4 end over ends before it started to barrel roll [6000 lb trucks roll along time] the next thing i rember was the truck laying on it's right side leaking coolant on my shoulder and an engine oil puddle getting bigger on the ground. shut off the battries pop the belts and abandon ship crawl out the front stagger for a second and fall down. I had 3" shoulder strap marks on my chest for a week and a mild case of sprint car eyes and a broken finger from not "thumbing in" on the straps fast enough.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Started first 1600 car at '05 Baja 500. Passed four pro donkies before Ojos. Bad checkpoint placement and a PT not paying attention led to Bean and I to getting smashed while stopped in our 1500lbs car by a 4500lbs pro truck. Bumper through the altenator and bent stand, day done at mile 32.

For fun.....my own sponsor and friend , Robbie Pierce Mastercraft #35, did work on me while wounded. Cody and I just limping up San Matias Wash on a flat front, no spare available, minding our own business. Like 7th on road, tire is gone and flapping and rocks and sand plowing off the front into the cab and KA POW! Robbie and hot rod co-dog Joey smash us. Nope, I haven't forgot boys! He he

I've felt bad hitting people harder than intended, sometimes they dummy out and hit the brakes when they check the mirror suddenly. I'm talking while in the buggy though. In the truck I only hit Trophy Tucks and class one dune hoppers that don't move. If I'm back and down on time I just wait for the limited guys to move, man some of them are dumb.

Only cheap shot I can think of is giving Pete one, not a big one, while he was a little off pace. He's been waiting to pay me back but I doubt he'll ever catch us.

dezertracer230

Reaction
2003 FRT king of the desert, I was codawg in a 1600 car. we were on the poleline road north bound from Plaster city going into Coyote wash. hit some big whoops and our helment hit each other and both of us blacked out for a few seconds. the next thing i remember is looking around trying to figure out why were coasting to a stop. then i see the driver shake his head down shift and mash the gas. shortly after we almost rolled cause we were laughing so hard. good times

charlie_brown

Reaction
mid 80's. getting knocked out and damage my back (in a solid seat)(opps) at the mint 400 class 7 4x4.

07FJRog

Reaction
perris short course, got hit broadside, tore the Chromo.095 tubing out of the car, bent the cross brace behind my seat shoved door skin through the seat into my ribs and had half the race to go. luckily just bruised ribs. :eek:

TutTech

Reaction
I will say this one of me driving was pretty rough.. someone pulled out the warning down arrows and we dropped into a dip that was more of a drop off... and we hit the other side... As you can see photo people did manage to get a great shot of us just after hitting the desert. We already came up the other side and dirt was still coming off us.. dang.

And this one is my wife. She is now the driver and she ran off the side of the course to soon just before our pits driving the left side of the car into a little wash out from a thunder storm but centering our beam on the large outside lip going down the pit row out at Barstow at the outlet centers... man this one hurt as I did not see the wash out on her side until we nearly stopped going forward up the other side of the dip we were in.. dang.

TCRAFT

Reaction
2008 PRIMM SCORE race last lap Adam Pfunuck (sorry bro for the spelling) hit me hard in that sharp turn pushed my cage to the exhaust and cracked the exhaust pipe. Not his fault he came up after the race shook my hand and apologized. His rear brakes were gone. This was after I gave him a hand signal out the window. But pretty cool of him to come up to me to apologize.

450grl

Reaction
I've had so many I don't know if I can figure out which was the hardest.....keeps my chiropractor in business, though!

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
Mint 400 '08 Pops was driving the 1600 when Brian Collins decided to use him for traction. Pops said as soon as the Helo came into view, whamo. No horn or love tap. Crunched in our rear cage and flattened out our exhaust. No big deal. he continued on only for me to break a torsion 30 miles from the finish. Bummer.

1wayne

Reaction
Parker 400, Class 1 late 80's on the Califoria side before Thunder Alley running 4th gear WFO next thing I know exit stage right no warning, nothing but one big hit from behind from some little punk in a class 8 truck.I was hit so hard it broke the ehgine and trans mounts out of the car. The next morning my brother in law and I could not move our necks. Thay was the frist and last time he co doged in race. I will see if you can tell me who it was.

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
Parker 400, Class 1 late 80's on the Califoria side before Thunder Alley running 4th gear WFO next thing I know exit stage right no warning, nothing but one big hit from behind from some little punk in a class 8 truck.I was hit so hard it broke the ehgine and trans mounts out of the car. The next morning my brother in law and I could not move our necks. Thay was the frist and last time he co doged in race. I will see if you can tell me who it was.
Do we win a prize ? Was he driving a OLD style Ford stepside ? Did the car owner have airplanes ? HMMMM??

offroadracer516

Reaction
2005 new years dash Running top 5 in 1600 with the old race co. After the first lap we start to catch a 5 car after a few miles we are getting close to his bumper the guy can see us but still he trys to out run us 4th gear down hill going as fast as the car will go we pull up to give him a little nurf were probly 2 or 3 car langths behind him then this Jack !@# LOCKS up his brakes causing us to fly into the back of his car with such force that it pushed the front bumper into the steering rack,it preety much destroyed part of the beem, i thought the impact broke my ancle becasue i had braced my self against the foot bar. To make it even worce the guy takes off right after the impact doesnt even stop to see if we were ok. I really wish i could find that guy to this day i would love to take a sledge to the front of his car so i can pay him back for some of the damage he caused us.

offroadracer516

Reaction
Im going to go with Robby Gordon?