Hardest Hit You Took

ML Racer

Reaction
2007 "Baja" 250 I was coming down a loose downhill before Erendira a little too hot, got the car crossed up before coming to a very narrow section where the course went through a drainage ditch. Needless to say, I missed it and ended up hitting the far side of the ditch, which launched us up, and according to the people we almost hit, did a pirouette and landed on my co-dogs side. After the crowd flipped us back over, we had broke a triple bypass on the right front in haft and broke the right rear traling arm apart just behind the outside heim. Thanks to a guy at a nearby pit with a 110v welder, we were able to finish. If I could remember who he was and what pit he was with, I'd throw him another plug;)

I have pic's that a spectator took (the guy I scared the crap out of) but I'm having a down load issue:confused:Says I'm missing a security token:confused::confused: Whats a security token and where do I buy them:D

Rockenbach

Reaction
Well it was the 2001 Terrible Town 250, It was cold, rainy and we were running up front, well almost. We got a flat tire and pulled into the pits to change it and got passed by Doug Fortin. Determined to get our place back I charged hard after him, being that there was not any dust to contend with I caught him rather quickly. As I went to nerf him he slammed on his breaks to make a turn and BAM we smashed into the back of him. Totally my fault! We hit so hard that my front bumper broke off and flew into the drivers seat. He pulled off the coarse so quick, surly thinking he was hit by a train or something. We got by him and attempted to make the first right turn and we lost our power steering and shot straight off the coarse. Doug getting right back buy to go on and finish 3rd overall. Both my co-driver and me were a little looped after that.

Funny thing about this story is that my power steering pump that was mounted to my Fortin Trans failed, as if he had a secret switch in his car to cause the failure. I'm sure that my trans bills got just a little bit more expensive after that, ha ha ha

On The Edge Fabrication

Reaction
This one wasn't during a race, but it was a good one.

My co-driver (brother) and I borrowed my dads dune buggy w/ stock suspension. I hit a nice set of whoops and hauling the mail in third, which was way too fast for that thing... anyways hit the first ten or so with no problems and then there was a gap and then another set of ten or so, but in that gap the front hit hard and then the back hit the next whoop and bucked up the rear end and I thought for sure we were going end over, but the we came back down super hard right into the next bump. I broke the transmission all the way around bent all the rear suspension and broke the seat mounts on both sides... needless to say my dad was not very happy and after I paid for a new trany and rebuilt the suspension my dad suggested that I should build my own vehicle.

Thanks pops, best advise I ever got:)

PBR

Reaction
1998 laughlin, our first race in butch, right off the start just before the first road crossing, steve sourapas in his old walker evans built, coors (yellow label) class 8 truck hit me so freakin' hard it was ridiculous! mind you, it was our first race so i was way off pace, he hit me like i was standing still. that was the one and only time i have even been hit in the 8 truck.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Driving to a MDR race on the 15 freeway in The Piece, Dan Vance was behind me in this POS red ranger thing he had and going up the cajon pass we were trying to pass people in the slow lane and I came upon a slow truck and Dan was right on my bumper and didnt see the truck in front of me, he went to nerf me right as I had to slow down so I didnt rear end the truck ahead of me...BAM folded in his front bumper. That was the hardest hit I have ever taken but the faces on the people around us was priceless as we just kept driving.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Driving to a MDR race on the 15 freeway in The Piece, Dan Vance was behind me in this POS red ranger thing he had and going up the cajon pass we were trying to pass people in the slow lane and I came upon a slow truck and Dan was right on my bumper and didnt see the truck in front of me, he went to nerf me right as I had to slow down so I didnt rear end the truck ahead of me...BAM folded in his front bumper. That was the hardest hit I have ever taken but the faces on the people around us was priceless as we just kept driving.

Thats hilarious.

SplitFusion2390

Reaction
My first race ever the M.O.R.E Day/Night Race in Lucerne in a 9 car. We were probably a little off pace but we had just finished our first lap and on this section theres two or three different lanes. We were on the far right and we get passed by a 10 car to the left of us and the dust blinds us, some how the back end bucks up and the car goes to the left and we land right in the middle of the lane that was to the left of us. The Deardorff(sp) class 10 smashed right behind the drivers side. They couldnt see us til we were 10 feet in front of them cause of all the dust. I blacked out and didnt even know we got hit til I got out of the car(which I dont remember doing) and saw all the damage and saw the 10 car there had to ask my co-driver what happen. But it cracked the transmission bent and cracked the cage behind the driver. It was a fun first lap wish we could of went a little further though. The car is still in the garage it we will be fixed someday and I'll be back out there this time with a little more testing and practice.

D. Freeman

Reaction
Well my wallet seems to get hit hardest out there at the races so far but at our first race ever The 2009 MDR FUD 200 while leading our class heading out gypsum road we were hit by a class one car. He hit us hard enough that I was looking at the tubes above my head seeing stars wondering what had happened. I thought for a second we had crashed . Same car happened to help DNF another driver that day too. This prompted me to buy some neck restraints for myself and Co-dog.

djblakely

Reaction
Mid 80s Mint 400 I ran a challenger with a spare mounted on the rear cage. While on a wide open graded road, co-dawg yells car so I go to the right. It is Chris Minor in that red and white Miller Olds class 6, he followed and never lifted. It popped that spare tire, folded the rim and knock the air cleaner off our motor. We both had stiff necks for a week or so. I never got his story.

SPROCKET

Reaction
Vegas to reno prerun 08

Attachments

• bretts buggy005.jpg
    bretts buggy005.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 418

lkrfn007

Reaction
need I say more......fud's in '86.....
.....Or my hit this year in parkers qualifying effort!

Attachments

• rollover.jpg
    rollover.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 320

ML Racer

Reaction
2007 "Baja" 250 I was coming down a loose downhill before Erendira a little too hot, got the car crossed up before coming to a very narrow section where the course went through a drainage ditch. Needless to say, I missed it and ended up hitting the far side of the ditch, which launched us up, and according to the people we almost hit, did a pirouette and landed on my co-dogs side. After the crowd flipped us back over, we had broke a triple bypass on the right front in haft and broke the right rear traling arm apart just behind the outside heim. Thanks to a guy at a nearby pit with a 110v welder, we were able to finish. If I could remember who he was and what pit he was with, I'd throw him another plug;)

Figured out the picture posting issue!

Attachments

• Baja 250 Flip 1A.JPG
    Baja 250 Flip 1A.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 324
  • Baja 250 Flip 2A.JPG
    Baja 250 Flip 2A.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 342
  • Baja 250 Flip 3A.JPG
    Baja 250 Flip 3A.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Baja 250 Flip 4A.JPG
    Baja 250 Flip 4A.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Baja 250 Flip 5A.JPG
    Baja 250 Flip 5A.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Baja 250 Mar. 07 063A.jpg
    Baja 250 Mar. 07 063A.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 328

frankh

Reaction
I would say this one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTZl91pI3rg"]YouTube - motion107[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmjSt65yGQ"]YouTube - dennisroll2 1[/ame]

Dezman

Reaction
Here is what it like to hit the ground without a roll cage!!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q2KiI1TB58"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q2KiI1TB58[/ame]

Wingman357

Reaction
Speaking of getting run over. This is NUTS!! Amazingly, I don't think anyone was seriously injured.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfsfwCRWHgo"]YouTube - Rockcrawling Accident[/ame]

R_TAYLOR

Reaction
1995 Baja 500 and the 1000 I think.Same driver Javier Espinosa in a TT hit me(Im in a leaf spring 7 truck so hes way down if hes passing me)both times he goes out of his way to hit me.I pulled over but he didnt think it was fast enough I guess.