Hardest Hit You Took

Wild bill

Reaction
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9J-KoxNU5w&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Beeler V2R Crash[/ame]

Not my hardness hit but a friends hardness hit.

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
SCORE Primm, 2004. Got dusted out by two faster Class 10 cars (I was in a Class 12) and hit one of the three huge ditches in that gnarly silt bed past checkpoint C. Went from about 50 mph to zero and didn't hurt the car, but inside all hell broke loose. Broke my back and my co-dawg's (my uncles) back.

Worst part? No radio communications and having to drive 10 miles in sheer agony to the pits and the ambulance.

Really worst part? My co-driver Jake Batulis was leading when I jumped in -- and we should have won.

Marty

mexracer10

Reaction
I have two different hits that still make me hurt just thinking about them, first 2000 san felipe 250 going down puertecitos rd co driving in a yellow 5-16, we were moving fast and i noticed a camera man on a small hill to my right and when my eyes got back on the road bam dead hit to the front suspension. The car popped into the air and when we hit i bit my tongue and saliva exploded all over the inside of my visor at the same time, how i have no idea. I had just re gained my composure and caught my breath when we pulled into the driver change. Second hit was at plaster city testing a 1/2 16 with a buddy, we were doing high speed runs down pit row at plaster city west, but without motorhomes lining the course we were a little off line and came over a small rise appearing to be a nice lip to catch air off of. Well it was a motorcycle berm and we were mid 3rd and plowed into the other side dead hit almost to a stop, ive never had a worse head ache from a hit like that, even my eye balls hurt after that one. i concluded it was a mild concussion and rested like a baby at home for two days :) ahhh the things we love to do

Martin

Reaction
98 baja 1000 running a 1600 car was mixed in with the 12 cars running in the dust behind the Pennzoil 12 car some other 12 guy was charging in the dust didn't see me bam. Lucky I had my spare on the back of the car it was ripped off and knocked 2 plug wires off but the rear cage and engine were saved.
I could of used that spare a few hours later.

Pictures 2002 Barstow Pro 1600 race this hit retired my co driver Mike.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 165
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 181
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 221

T_Cuffaro

Reaction
98 baja 1000 running a 1600 car was mixed in with the 12 cars running in the dust behind the Pennzoil 12 car some other 12 guy was charging in the dust didn't see me bam. Lucky I had my spare on the back of the car it was ripped off and knocked 2 plug wires off but the rear cage and engine were saved.

Man, that little car has had a rough life!

M.Harvey1600

Reaction

What about the crash at the 2003 Buffalo bills 400??? that one was pretty bad also!!!

The porters can take one hell of a hit cant they???!!!

my hardest hit was June 14, 2006 at the MDR McKenzies 400! Leading 1600 by 12 mins at mile 35 on my 7th lap out of 8... came over a rise in to a dust cloud 4th gear pinned to a dead stop... in the dust cloud was a F-350 super duty towing a backhoe trailer with a class 10 car on it!!! about 13,000lbs against my 1600lb PORTER PR1600!!! didnt even touch the brake pedal :eek: he had gotten stuck on the course after driving 7 miles down course with an access road that he drove in on 50 ft to the left and another road 100 ft to the right... after i regained consciousness the car was still moving BUT backwards on the course with race cars passing on either sides of me!!! shattered my helmet, tore my ACL, MCL and Medial Meniscus in my right knee... 1 surgery down at least 1 more to go!!! ouchhhh!!! broke my co-riders ankle and gave him a solid concussion and back injuries... when i went down to see if every1 n the truck was okay the driver took a swing at me! :eek: ducked it and ran like a little BIATCH i was still seeing stars!!! guy was a total jerk.... now 3 years later i am still trying to get the funds to get racing again

felt like hitting a building but it was A PARKED CAR!! haha

the crash and hit should have killed me and my co-rider but i say that it was all the guys at PORTER who saved us by building such an amazingly safe car!!! thanks Danny, Billy G and Johnny Kaiser

the crash sent the beam through the front firewall completely upside down, the Diablo Rack was in front of the beam upside down!!! twisted metal like crazy... only have 2 pics of the damage and they r on my old cell phone...

when i took the car to PORTER'S for repairs all the guys in the shop had their jaws hit the floor they couldnt believe that we werent more seriously hurt!!!

they fixed her all up and she is ready to get all dirty again! cant wait

Last edited:

dsms motorsports

Reaction
is the topic is about nerfing? it just suprises me that my wife and I tell eachother lets not nerf anyone ever, it's not worth it+ knowing how hard it is to go racing $ wise. and we have been nerfed by the same Jerks that we have been stuck behind before and waited patiently for. I have thought about pay back but karma got them, they both rolled their cars soon after (and they would know who they are) I'm not agaisnt nerfing but I do sport 4 incar cams and it was just uncalled for how hard that was. we have held back letner and roeseler (1 line section) and they waited and will always remember the kindness. the other hit has to be the roll at laughlin in 07, it felt like the guts trying to escape out the window.

Martin

Reaction

Yeah the pictures are 5 miles into it's first race. Now it's just sitting around poor car it was always a contender.

Yeah well Mike you are correct that was the hardest hit I took rolling a car I still finished 1st on the road.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Yeah well Mike you are correct that was the hardest hit I took rolling a car I still finished 1st on the road.

yeah i remember that race... we finished 9th when i got n i had 2 stop at every pit for oil cause we broke a valve cover stud and were puking oil everywhere... worked my way up from 16th to 6th at 1 point but was pushing real hard and blew a corner 10 miles from the finish and got stuck... went from 6th to 9th and thats where we finished...

u an Kash were flyin that race...

sux that u guys got docked mins at post race motor tear down for ur "illegal" carb that everyone thought was legal at the time... u guys one that race n my opinion!

i rolled our car in that same spot u did but it was at the 2004 Primm 300... hit those holes 4th gear pinned back end kicked up and stuck the front bumper in the dirt... cornered to cornered it at least 5 times... lost count at 5! :eek: haha first and only time i have been upside down and it was spectacular...

if ur gonna do it u might as well do it big! haha :D

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
Plaster City last year, I was not in the truck, but my buddy wanted me to post. Head on with another truck at speed in the dust, then class 7 truck at speed in the rear. Super dusty race and 15 second start intervals were a bad idea!

Attachments

• 1018080901.jpg
    1018080901.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 1018080902.jpg
    1018080902.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 1018080902a.jpg
    1018080902a.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 226
  • 1018080906.jpg
    1018080906.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 193

BCG1

Reaction
The last BITD Tonopah 300. I was right seat in a 7s Toyota. I think we were leading at the time. Were hauling ass down a wash and got a little out of shape and off to the right of the course. Bush in the way but what the hell, right? Wrong! Bush was hiding a good size rock that we hit with the front skid plate. It launched us up in the air and I saw the plastic covers from the lights flying up in the sky. I saw stars. When the dust cleared we got out and found that we had pulled the rock out of the ground and the truck was stuck on top of it. The rock was so big that the fuel cell was resting on the rock and both back tires were off the ground at full droop. We tried putting it in 4wd to get off but the front crossmember, front dif were moved back 4" and the front CV's were bound up. We ended up getting pulled off the rock by a Class 8. Decided, well lets give it a try. Truck drove straight and actually felt pretty good. Lost abunch of turning capability and had to do some 6 point turns some places but we continued.

Handed the truck off and while running second, a piece of steel we had bent in the impact was in contact w/ the radiator and wore a hole in it in a remote area.

Tim_Price

Reaction
It was the 2002 (I think) Baja 250. We were running sportsman. The wife and I were in the Lothringer heading down the course where it ran right next to a barbed wire fence for miles, no one else in sight, when BAM! a protruck came through our dust and nailed us good. He mashed in the rear cage, sent us flying into the air, but didn't wreck anything important. No reason for the hit, no horn, the protruck was obviously out of the running if he was back with us! A couple miles later karma struck. The protruck that hit us was stuck in the sand looking for a pull. We decided not to help him.

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
wasnt in the car but last night our 5-1600 was hit by a 1 car. took him about ten miles to catch a 5-1600. goes out to show that some people really shouldn't be driving some cars

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
hardest hit? my three year old just smacked me in the tenders with a lightsaber...

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
It wasn't the hardest, but definitely the lamest. 2008 Baja 1000, I'm in a class 7sx tacoma taking it easy going down the Rumorosa downgrade. Wall on the right, cliff on the left, barely enough room for my own wheels, and, not naming names, rhymes with Garmin Quartz gives me a solid one.

I watched him come up on me the whole time, no horn, no courtesy few seconds, just before we're about to give him a wave to let him know we know he's there, just straight up and 'bump'. (Maybe he lost his brakes and needed mine) So instead of a wave it was a middle finger. I just thought that was pretty weak. Where the hell am I gonna go? I suppose I could have just driven off the cliff, I should gladly sacrifice my life for this famous german rally car driver, I'm just a lowly 7sx driver right? But then I guess there was a chance I would have landed on the course below and really blocked him. I didn't want to take up any more of his precious time than I already had.

Anyway, at the next turn I pull out as wide as I can and he gets by.

OldGreen

Reaction
I have been hit hard enough to do damage 3 times. We went on to podium finishes all three times (a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd place) and the vehicles that hit us ended up DNFing. . .coincidence? The hardest hit was at Parker this year, we were flying along a powerline road with some small bumps at about 75mph and got RAMMED by a TT that was racing in the dust absolutely pinned out. No horn, no nothin'. . .but, it was an accident. They thought we were a cl1/tt in the dust and that the speed differential wouldn't have been as great. We flew up in the air and our heads came forward when we landed. D-Cel's caught and we ended up having bruises on our foreheads from the insides of our helmets. The impact crushed the back corner of the truck and left a line from the TT's front bumper all the way accross the back. The co-driver was nice enough to say sorry in a private note, but. . .I really hope that they learned something from it. We were leading our class at the time and ended up winning the race. They DNF'd. Smarts prevail. . .

drj777

Reaction
1987 - football game against chatsworth and we were kickin' their ass when i got blindsided pretty good running down the field...after i got up, i noticed my cage was bent in...ahhh the good 'ol days!

drj

ps - almost as good as when i took a bad fall surfing and was hit in the face with my board (rail first) - my teeth broke the glass - then the glass almost cut my lower lip off...had to drive from zuma all the way to westlake village in my wetsuit for 13 stitches to sew it back on!:eek:

Brad Wilson

#ronnysson
Reaction
2006 Caliente 250 Coming down the fire road going as fast at our 16 car could go. Class one car came behind me and hit me like I was sitting still. The impact was so hard my co-driver had to get out at the next pit. It was horrible and it sucked that I couldn't get out of the way because i never saw him coming.

BobbyD

Reaction
Was co-dawg in a 1/2 1600 at the Parker 425 1982 or 83. We were on the california side about 30 miles out when I saw in the distance alot of spectators. I started to hand signal and yell at the driver to slow down because were coming up to a berm entering a wash bed. He slowed down too late and we hit the berm at about 20-25mph buck the rearend up and when we came over the top it was about a 5 ft drop into the wash. We landed nose first walked the nose for a bit and then slammed the rearend down so hard it knocked the wind out of us and slammed my goggles down on to my chest leaving a bruise. when the dust settled we each asked if we were ok then i punched him in the arm for not listening to me to slow down. I had to ride the rest of the Ca loop bracing my butt out of the seat because my back was renched and was unable to get back into the car on the last lap. It took several months for my back to calm down.