Hardest Hit You Took

Andy Mac

Simply Stunning
Reaction
2002 Baja 1000. I was riding in my dad's ex-Damen Jeffries porter Class 1 car. We just entered Frog Canyon, right before El Crucero, where I was getting in the driver's seat and my dad would ride with me. We were the 2nd Class 1 on the road behind the Herbst Truggy.

We jumped down into Frog cnyon, and I saw Lightning Larry Ragland behind us. We had passed him when he was having brake/rear rotor issues on Puertocitos Road in San Felipe. I told my dad we need to let him go by, and so we pulled over so he could pass us. He basically followed us off course and hit us at what felt like 50mph while we were sitting there stopped. We were not expecting it at all, and it hurt. But, I failed spelling happens and we went on to finish 3rd in Class 1. After the race, LR apologized to my grandpa Corky, who ended up telling LR "that's racin!"

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
After the race, LR apologized to my grandpa Corky, who ended up telling LR "that's racin!"

Would you expect anything different young grasshopper? Maybe thats where you get your good P.R. traits from

Sparky

Reaction
Plaster City last year, I was not in the truck, but my buddy wanted me to post. Head on with another truck at speed in the dust, then class 7 truck at speed in the rear. Super dusty race and 15 second start intervals were a bad idea!

No, someone going backwards on the course was the bad idea.

DanDan

Reaction

The dust was really bad that morning, there was no breeze to move it off of the course. It was just hanging there. The truck going backwards on the course was racing and had gotten lost and off course in the thick dust. He was trying to find his way back to the course and had no idea he was on the course or going backwards when the crash occurred. There were a couple of crashes due to the dust than morning.

mustafa

Reaction
2003 Baja 1000, Ensenada. I was really drunk in Anthony's and one of the girls there punched me in the jaw. It really hurt the next morning.

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

Reaction
codriving for noah quantrell a few mdr races back he got crossed up in the whoops doing 3rd gear and hit the biggest hole/face/uphill thing ever knocked the wind outta me and tweeked my back and neck, then after the race got my self a ride to the ER after running outta talent on my dirtbike terrible terrible weekend.

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction

Actually, you are right... he was like screw these guys, I can't beat them so I am going to run the course backwards and see how many I can take out like a video game!!!!

What I meant, but didn't feel I would have to spell out the whole damn story, was that due to the insane dust which was helped by the 15 second intervals, a certain truck ended up thinking he passed a corner, turning around, and running backwards on what he didn't realize was the track. The visibility was poor.

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
codriving for noah quantrell a few mdr races back he got crossed up in the whoops doing 3rd gear and hit the biggest hole/face/uphill thing ever knocked the wind outta me and tweeked my back and neck, then after the race got my self a ride to the ER after running outta talent on my dirtbike terrible terrible weekend.

It wasn't at tough trucks this year?

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
2003 Baja 1000, Ensenada. I was really drunk in Anthony's and one of the girls there punched me in the jaw. It really hurt the next morning.

wowwwww! i think u should have given her the CUP CHECK TEST!!! :rolleyes: haha sounds like like it was one of the infamous chupacabra she-males working the clubs.....:eek:

osborne

Reaction
Raced class 8 at mint 400 this year. After a few probs. on lap one we were getting lapped by TT's and class 1's. In a dusty section I took a far left line to stay out of the way and looked in my mirror to see a white class one comming, I raised my hand to let him know I saw him and just as I was moving farther left he hit me hard, then hit me again, he then went right and passed me. My truck them sputtered to a stop. When I got out I saw that the fuel cell had been ripped out of the truck! I walked back about 100 yards to find it, put it in the back of the truck and strapped it in and re-plummed it. I dont know who it was, but it was unnessary to hit us that hard. I understand bumping but that was crazy.

DBMETALWORX

Reaction
raced class 8 at mint 400 this year. After a few probs. On lap one we were getting lapped by tt's and class 1's. In a dusty section i took a far left line to stay out of the way and looked in my mirror to see a white class one comming, i raised my hand to let him know i saw him and just as i was moving farther left he hit me hard, then hit me again, he then went right and passed me. My truck them sputtered to a stop. When i got out i saw that the fuel cell had been ripped out of the truck! I walked back about 100 yards to find it, put it in the back of the truck and strapped it in and re-plummed it. I dont know who it was, but it was unnessary to hit us that hard. I understand bumping but that was crazy.

some of these guys just have the "small unit complex".... Olliges, kincaid, pistol pete, have all knocked the shiz out of our rear bumper. Pete the most.. When the rear of the car is lifted off the ground, thats a bit excessive.. I have had back pain from these hits as long as 3 weeks after. We run class 10 too, so when youre in a trophy truck, and back with the 10's, wtf is your prob??? You're not goin to win.. You're so far out it's not even funny.. Bilek knocked us off a cliff in the mountain pass @ primm this year, and we destroyed a trans.. Thanx mike.. Still finished in 1st gear though.. The class 1 race was over before our driver got in the car for the last lap!! We still beat him overall..

Co-Dog

Reaction
Last year at the Baja 1000 we found our rock. You know, it's that one with your name on it that has patiently been waiting for you for the last 300 billion years. We were coming down a series of rock ledges leaving the pine forest, doing about 30 mph when we came to an instantaneous stop. We caught the third member skid plate on the square blunt point of this rock that was pointing up.. The buried part of this thing must have been huge because it only moved about 2 inches. We had gone from 30 to 0 in 2 inches. It was a hard enough hit that I saw the light as my brain rebooted. Randy saw nothing but the snot that shot out from his nose into his face shield. The IRC was ejected out onto the hood. Miraculously, it wasn't a race ender, just backed the truck up and moved to the left a couple of inches. Now that I know where my rock lives, I'll just wave as we go by next time.

LTL220

Reaction
When I was a young I was on the set of Walker Texas Ranger. Being the precocious kid I was I asked Chuck Norris why he didn't wear his safety belt when he drove his truck. He roundhouse kicked me to the head so hard I'm still in a coma 30 years later. :p