harness seat belts

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
What can we do with racing harness when past the 3 years date but are still in great shape?
I have so many just taking up space and just had to change one set of RCI 5 point 3" Camlock Quick release because of the date expired and only were used for 5 race days in my drag car and are like new!!!

Advertising supports this site

07FJRog

RDC Crypto
Some company's will redate them for you if you send them back.

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Interesting cause the belts in our truck have less then 500 miles total on them yet will be out of date for V2R. Kinda sucks, they literally look brand new.

CJEFFERIES

RDC Crypto
I believe that a seat belt should be destroyed after a wreck, regardless of it's age. But how the rules state today, a new seat belt that was involved in a crash are safer than the 3 year old ones that have less than 500 miles.

1wayne

RDC Crypto
The cost of new belts are not that bad. If you consider they should save your life! I bought belts for my new car three years ago and they have not been out of the box yet. I am going to order new ones before I take it out for the first time.

5racer

RDC Crypto
its amazing that they can make limit straps that last years with abuse far beyond what a seat belt would ever see ,but they cant make a seat belt last more than three {ya right} a Kevlar or carbon seat belt would last many years why haven't they made these types yet. [ politics as usual.]

51rcr

RDC Crypto
exposure to everything was the main reason all racing did this. Most lower class stuff sits on trailersin the sun or soaked in whatever all week between races.
I like how they are using them for window net latches now, just think all of the stuff you can use them to latch in, and down. make latches, hold bottles, fuel jugs in haulers

5racer

RDC Crypto
exposure to everything was the main reason all racing did this. Most lower class stuff sits on trailersin the sun or soaked in whatever all week between races.
I like how they are using them for window net latches now, just think all of the stuff you can use them to latch in, and down. make latches, hold bottles, fuel jugs in haulers

Iv been around racing all my life and not one time have I seen a race car set on a trailer for weeks or even days at a time out side .That's a myth .

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
I contacted Crow and they were not willing to re-certify our belts if they had been used at all basically assuming I understood the reply right. It's a bummer the ones in my prerunner are clip in and the race truck is bolt in cause I'd just swap them out if that was the case. Our belts have maybe 500 miles on them total and have never been stored exposed to elements. They literally look brand new.

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
I contacted Crow and they were not willing to re-certify our belts if they had been used at all basically assuming I understood the reply right. It's a bummer the ones in my prerunner are clip in and the race truck is bolt in cause I'd just swap them out if that was the case. Our belts have maybe 500 miles on them total and have never been stored exposed to elements. They literally look brand new.
Will they reweb them if you send the belts back to them?
I know that they did for me years ago.

51rcr

RDC Crypto
Iv been around racing all my life and not one time have I seen a race car set on a trailer for weeks or even days at a time out side .That's a myth .
Never???? Come on. Must not have been any where that races street stocks. or dirt tacks. I guess iam the opposite, seen it my whole life the other way. Hell I seen cars that never got worked on inside ever. Drive by and they got it jacked up in the dirt with a hoist in the dirt. seen it every where I been where theres dirt tracks. Kansas, cali, iowa, Illinois, ohio. virgina, gerogia, south Carolina, florida, Colorado, wy, sd, Oregon, Washington. iam sure I missed a few but I have seen it. Recent ran cars with mud on them, or theres not a truck hooked to the trailer, or obviously in the middle of repair. just think of all the places where they race 3 or more nights a week. There getting drug around half the week outside. Also just think of all the belts that get drenched in oil or fuel after blew lines, leaking seals valve covers scattered motors and trans. you cant tell me you never seen that and that they get replaced every time.
How many people seen them sitting outside and know they race. iam sure 1450's are like the street stock of the dirt track world, lots of work done outside or gets pushed out to work on another project

Last edited:

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
All I can say is that the belts we remove every 3 years are not oil stained or have fuel marks (what would a fuel line do inside the drivers compartment?) leaking seals would not effect the belts as a properly built race car will not allow oil or trans fluid get to the driver.

5racer

RDC Crypto
Will they reweb them if you send the belts back to them?
I know that they did for me years ago.

yes they will and when its all said and done you will pay about what new ones cost .Its a racket ,just like the helmets .But hey you can show up with a car that has rotting fuel lines multiply hose clamps on every hose ,un-fused battery cables and an roll cage that has more face lifts than the Hollywood house wives and they will send ya right on through crazy huh .

51rcr

RDC Crypto
All I can say is that the belts we remove every 3 years are not oil stained or have fuel marks (what would a fuel line do inside the drivers compartment?) leaking seals would not effect the belts as a properly built race car will not allow oil or trans fluid get to the driver.
sealed driver compartments are a myth. also covered motors with a hood to fire wall and all. Offroad is the worst for both of these.
poke your head inside a sprint car next time ya see one, ya straddle the drive line, ya have wing hydraulics , fuel lines, your knees are against and straddle the steering below there ya got the drive line and fuel pump, oil and steering lines. No way to keep the belts out of that. And it all goes backwards. I personally have had a fuel pump start leaking. I can tell ya it don't take long to soak ya with fuel.
the lines blow, seals start leaking, every dirt track race I go to I see at least one smoker or worse a night. Not all race cars belts stay in the rooster pit. lots have at least one that runs into the trans tunnel.
Another thing to add to 5 racers post is seat belt mounts and angles, most are not mounted well, as are seats. Seats break and belts are of no use then. composite seats with no back support I have a hard time beliving they don't break, I know there tested and all. mine has a inch gap and it bothers me.

I don't think I have ever seen fused battery cables on anything yet. Disconnects 5 or more feet away is about it.
I also like looking at the old race cars and think, wow that all worked, and those welds held. Then again dad raced sprint cars without cages and says of sprint car drivers now days, take there cages off and see how big there balls are.

retroblazer

RDC Crypto
Small reminder-safety equipment suppliers are in business to make money. There is no upside to them to re-certify belts. To be fair, a rewebbing of belts is pretty cheap compared to anything else in a race car. I have had Crow reweb my belts a few times in the past. Excellent service and a fast turn around.