Has anyone ever taken automotive technology class's?

5-1600project

Reaction
Hey i was wondering if any one has taken automotive technology class's at your local college?did they help?Thanks!!!

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
Hey i was wondering if any one has taken automotive technology class's at your local college?did they help?Thanks!!!
I took the automotive restoration courses at Goldenwest College in Huntington beach. At the time it was taught by a real bodyman from the fifties. We learned oldschool stuff like leading and metal finishing as well as panel replacement and frame pulling. I went right out after graduation and was working in the industry. Just make sure the program has top notch teachers that can give you the knowledge that is valuable to employers.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
I took the automotive restoration courses at Goldenwest College in Huntington beach. At the time it was taught by a real bodyman from the fifties. We learned oldschool stuff like leading and metal finishing as well as panel replacement and frame pulling. I went right out after graduation and was working in the industry. Just make sure the program has top notch teachers that can give you the knowledge that is valuable to employers.
Dam Lead sniffers............. COUGH COUGH :eek:

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
Dam Lead sniffers............. COUGH COUGH :eek:
One of the guys I worked for told me when he was a teenager he had a job in a collision shop where he sprayed molten lead onto the cars so the bodymen could finish it. That's a lead sniffer. :eek: Before bondo, they used lead. That's why they call them "lead sleds".

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
One of the guys I worked for told me when he was a teenager he had a job in a collision shop where he sprayed molten lead onto the cars so the bodymen could finish it. That's a lead sniffer. :eek: Before bondo, they used lead. That's why they call them "lead sleds".
We used lead at Boyds.......... hardest thing I've ever done in my life!

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
Got my AS in Automotive Racing Technology from Chaffey College, but I think they pulled the plug on that program.. Last i checked though , they still have some good auto tech classes. One of the instructors was a classmate of mine... It's good exposure to the industry, and it doesn't cost nearly as much as Wyo-Tech or UTI.