• Forum membership has its advantages....

Has Anyone Installed These Fox Bumpstops?

chevydude7

I recently bought 4 Fox IFP 2.0 Bumpstops for my 2015 Jeep wrangler sport unlimited with an AEV 2.5" kit and 35's. I purchased them from an offroad shop in El Cajon and was quoted $800 for installation because they said they were difficult to install. Is this a fair price? I think it's pretty steep to install a set of bumpstops, but I wanted another opinion from you guys. I added a few photos of what the bumpstops look like as well.

atomicjoe23

What is required to mount them??? Doesn't look like in the picture that it requires a pinch can like most bump stops. . .

skullver

Seeing that you need to cut holes, and weld the threaded cans on, doesn't seem like a bad price to me.

atomicjoe23

After looking at all the pictures on the Fox website it appears they come with the threaded mount can. . .

. . .depending on shop labor rate and how much disassembly is required to put the holes in that is probably a more than fair cost.

You figure you have to lift the vehicle and remove the coils at the very least (maybe brake lines too depending on proximity to the coil bucket) just to be able to cut the hole and weld it in. It's probably a LOT more work just getting to the point of installing the bump stop mount than it would take to cut the 4 holes and weld the 4 cans in. . .

chevydude7

@atomicjoe23 There isn't a pinch can for the front. I believe you install the tall lock ring onto the lower part of the bump stop through the factory bump stop tube and install the short upper lock ring. You move the lock rings until the desired bump stop location is achieved. You have to tighten both locks rings with a spanner wrench and make sure they have full thread engagement on the bump stop. Also notes that you should use blue loctite on all bolts. As for the rear, you have to cut holes and weld the pinch can on and use the locking rings.

Last edited:

skullver

Aw I see now. The front shouldn't be too hard to install at all if that is the case. If I were doing it I'd probably sleeve/gusset that factory bump tube regardless. And I'd probably even opt to cut out those towers all together and use the fox threaded cans on all 4 corners, I can see those bumps moving around a little in that stock tube and wearing the threads on the bump body rendering them useless in the future in case you ever wanted to sell them, or they crack those factory tubes off and you are forced to use the threaded cans. I haven't had wonderful luck welding things with fine pitch/small teeth profile like those cans, I'd be a little concerned with that.

Either way, $800 doesn't sound bad to me at all for all 4, if it is good quality work.

good luck!

atomicjoe23

Thanks for the link to the mounting instructions ChevyDude7. . .I couldn't find them on the Fox website and I'm unfamiliar with the newer Jeeps so I was taking a shot in the dark based on what labor would be required based on the pictures. . .