Hauling speed to Primm???

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
I know that it is 55 while hauling in California but, in Nevada do you also have to do 55 while hauling? Thanks trying to see how long it will take us to get to Primm.

dislocated1

You are only in NV for about 20 feet until you get off the freeway @ primm.......

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
You are only in NV for about 20 feet until you get off the freeway @ primm.......
ooooooooooh....I thought we would drive in NV longer....ok nevermind.......we can close this now and sorry for starting it........so I guess we are looking at about 8 hours of driving...oh well

3 Amigos Racing

From Calexico 300 miles on Hwy 78/95 plus uphill climb and two lane most of the way so 40 mph avg.. 8 hours with fuel stop

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
From Calexico 300 miles on Hwy 78/95 plus uphill climb and two lane most of the way so 40 mph avg.. 8 hours with fuel stop
I don't know the highway names but I go through Glamis and why 40 mph avg.......? Too slow don't you think?

usmcgunrock

I don't know the highway names but I go through Glamis and why 40 mph avg.......? Too slow don't you think?
You also have the way that goes threw 29 palms and amboy. Primm is about 1 h 30 min from 29 palms going the back way. You get on the freeway at the exit just before Primm.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
well 300 miles at 60 mph average gives us 5 hours but, it took us 5 hours to get to Laughlin so that can't be right....I too was thinking about 8 hours with fuel stops

ML Racer

What he's saying is, that route, the most direct, is mostly a 2-lane road, with short sections of I-10 & I-40 (Calexico north/west to the 78, past Glamis, once to hit I-10, go east towards Blythe. then take Hwy 95 north towards Needles, then catch I-40 west to the second Hwy 95(?) towards Searchlight (about 4 or 5 miles past Needles west on I-40) once you get to Searchlight, take Hwy 164 to the I-15, go north on I-15 down the hill into Primm. Depending on the time of day and how much you want to push it (the speed limit) yer looking at 7 to 8 hours, give or take a few hours:D My son who lives in Vegas goes that route (sort of) when he comes down for the SF 250!

ML Racer

What he's saying is, that route, the most direct, is mostly a 2-lane road, with short sections of I-10 & I-40 (Calexico north/west to the 78, past Glamis, once to hit I-10, go east towards Blythe. then take Hwy 95 north towards Needles, then catch I-40 west to the second Hwy 95(?) towards Searchlight (about 4 or 5 miles past Needles west on I-40) once you get to Searchlight, take Hwy 164 to the I-15, go north on I-15 down the hill into Primm. Depending on the time of day and how much you want to push it (the speed limit) yer looking at 7 to 8 hours, give or take a few hours:D My son who lives in Vegas goes that route (sort of) when he comes down for the SF 250!
or this link http://www.mapquest.com/mq/5-JtXtFddjq__m

harleys dad

I was going to say the same thing, but be carfull comming down the hill to state line. Thee CHP is real heavy in that area and enforce the 55 speed limmit pulling a trailer. I know a LOT of people who have bean ticketed in that area. Also after Barstow and again after Baker. Good luck and have a safe trip

gasit2win

I was going to say the same thing, but be carfull comming down the hill to state line. Thee CHP is real heavy in that area and enforce the 55 speed limmit pulling a trailer. I know a LOT of people who have bean ticketed in that area. Also after Barstow and again after Baker. Good luck and have a safe trip
go to sleep old man.

3 Amigos Racing

From where you are all roads suck to Primm! If you do route over to I-15 you add 60 miles and 2 long hill climbs.. The dynamite thing wont impact you if you run up via Hwy 95 and if you run I-15 just do it Wed and avoid Thurs am.