Hdra 250. Wow

Jack

Reaction
One more thing I did want to praise was the area this was able to be held over.

Crossing both Trona road and Searless road was cool to see, new (to me) areas on the west side.

The pipeline road that used to be used for main pit has grown back over nicely, I don't know how we had room before.

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

Reaction
Hey Nick, sorry to hear about your engine. We had some trials and tribulations to deal with, too. On the first lap our fuel pump lost power. Fixed that, then a shock fitting was spraying oil all over. Fixed that. Then on lap three the front left wheel fell off when the spindle nut backed off (typical Ranger). Snout was toast, caliper was sheared, bearing was confetti. Fixed that. Make it across the finish line with six minutes to spare before the nine hour deadline ($100 prize from Dusty Times for being the slowest finisher). The HDRA guys working at start finish said we celebrated more than the first place finishers. :cool: Only bummer was that the Monster Girls had gone home, so I got my Monster drink from a scruffy HDRA guy instead of the girls. ;)

That's so awesome!!! I talked to one of your guys and told me all about it!! I was so stoked to see you guys go flying by out pit on your last lap!!! Good job!! Never give up!!

Elk Hunter

Reaction
Great race course and a awesome race.

SpeedBump

Reaction
Access was nice all around the course, but I think that was mostlly because it was a ghost town.
Enjoayed being able to see racing at speed again, but if they had the huge turnouts that others are getting this would not have been possable.

In the last year and a half we have raced in 3 CA OHV areas (Plaster City, Lucerne Valley and Ridgecrest).
All have been open pre-run, open chase and open recovery.
The promoter is responsible to monitor the course and keep everyone back 100 feet (two telephone poles).
I do not see why this will not work with 200+ entries.
This type of racing is a blast for everyone - racers, chase and spectators.

Jack

Reaction
In the last year and a half we have raced in 3 CA OHV areas (Plaster City, Lucerne Valley and Ridgecrest).
All have been open pre-run, open chase and open recovery.
The promoter is responsible to monitor the course and keep everyone back 100 feet (two telephone poles).
I do not see why this will not work with 200+ entries.
This type of racing is a blast for everyone - racers, chase and spectators.

I hope your right, I would love to see it that way again.

DIRTALLIANCE

Reaction
Website
dirtalliance.com
Big thanks to HDRA for sure! They ran a top notch event, and every staff member was a pleasure to work with.

The race course was awesome and challenging, so challenging, that 2 of our 3 team trucks DNF'ed but congrats are in order to team driver Craig Reynolds for finishing 3rd in 1400. Darren Parsons snapped a beam in half after fixing a broken upper 4 link, and Nick Isenhouer blew his motor.

joe1369

Reaction
Is that train track still being used?? Raced in a MDR race, and had to wait for that dam train to pass, it was slowwwwwww!!

Dirtracer 619

Reaction
Thank you to all of the HDRA staff although our first race did not go as planned we had a great time and I found out that racing is a very intense sport man it was cool
I cant wait to get back out there after our repairs. Special thanks to Christine for getting all of my answers I felt very welcome
Charlie
Landstrom Racing

l.e. shank

Reaction
Is that train track still being used?? Raced in a MDR race, and had to wait for that dam train to pass, it was slowwwwwww!!

We coordinated with Trona RR to verify that no trains would operate during race hours... Crossing tracks was a go!

Cronus

Reaction
our first race did not go as planned we had a great time and I found out that racing is a very intense sport man it was cool
I cant wait to get back out there after our repairs.

When things don't go according to plan it usually makes a more memorable story. When we started in Class 9 a few years ago we got knocked out of our first race when a truck hit us during a bad pass. At first I was bitter about it, but I quickly realized that if you don't make the most of the "bad days" in desert racing then you're not going to have as much fun, because bad days aren't all that rare! Like they say about fishing, a bad day of desert racing is still better than a good day at work.

BTW, I have some footage of you giving us a tap just before the first road crossing. I'll put it up so you can check it out. Starting two trucks at a time on 20 second intervals definitely added to the intensity (and the dust!).

Elk Hunter

Reaction
Thank you HDRA for not over watering the pits and infield. It sucks when you have to spend hours with a Scotch Brite pad because some water truck driver was paid by the gallon.
Small detail, but I bet others are thankful for the same thing.