HDTV

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
My brother in law was telling me about a high def channel that is owned by the owner of the Dallas Mavericks maybe(??) and I guess he plays what he wants to watch on the channel and my brother in law said he watched a two hour special the other night on the BITD 2000 that was all shot in High Def. Did anyone else see this, he knows nothing about racing but was telling me the story on the trailblazers.

Also there is a new Nissan commercial showing some cool old truck action in the dez at the beginning.. Pretty cool.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Mark Cuban (the owner of the Mavs) is the man behind getting HDTV out on into the market. It is his new project after he sold his software company for billions. As far as the BITD 2000, I've not heard anything about it. I did, however, see the Nissan commercial and it was pretty sick!

See ya in the dirt!

michael_loomis

Reaction
speaking of HDTV what is a good one to buy , my GF and i want one for our new house , cant afford a plasma , so we have to go with projection , oh ya and size matters :)

so far top of our list is 65" mitsubishi platinum. any input would be great , thanks!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
My parents just bought a 46" Sony HDTV and LOVE it! Its by far the best TV they've ever had. The nice thing about it is that since not all channels/shows are in HDTV format yet, it has this feature that doubles the strength of the signal for regular stations, which makes the picture twice as clear. Plus the fact they just had Bose surround sound installed, I never want to go home!

See ya in the dirt!

michael_loomis

Reaction
lol thanks travis , i'll check out the sony models a little closer. i did look at one but the price was 4700 and a plasma alittle smaller was 6000.

jeff

Reaction
Actually, Mark Cuban helped get HDN going. He's been pushing for a more broad distribution of HDTV but that's about all he's done. What good is a channel if almost nobody can watch it? As far as I know it's only available on DirecTV and you have to get the special converter from DirecTV to view it, along with an HDTV ready television. HDN plays all sorts of stuff and it wouldn't surprise me to see off-road racing on it. Tonights lineup includes... Woven by the Grandmothers: Navajo Textiles From the 19th Century and Van Gogh's Van Goghs.

Check out http://www.hd.net/schedule_today.html for todays schedule
Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pusateri.org/cruft/docs/hdtvhistory.html>http://www.pusateri.org/cruft/docs/hdtvhistory.html</A> HDTV History - Mature Audience Only!

Aloha

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
So you are saying Mark Cuban isn't responsible for HDTV? I could of sworn he was as I read an article about it and then saw him on Craig Kilbourne (SP?) and he was asking him about it.

See ya in the dirt!

michael_loomis

Reaction
sounds like mark put the "industry" in HDTV industry .

michael_loomis

Reaction
woohoo , i just noticed these last few posts moved me from newbie to journyman!! :)

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
YEAH THE NISSAN COMMERCIAL WAS GREAT THAT WAS FROM THE 89 MINT 400 I HAVE THE TAPE THEY GOT THAT FROM

MikeLeung

Reaction
I came across a posting on the off-road.com BBS about the HDTV program your talking about. It talked about the program on DirecTV channel 199 (pay per view) But it was on back in Sept. I dont remember seeing it on the DirecTV menu...but if it was on channel 199 i might have missed it. I wonder if they're ever gonna rebroadcast it again.

Mikey

Reaction
You can go to Paul's in La Habra for a demo. They have big screens side by side. The Mitsu's picture blows everything away. I bought my 50" Diamond from them. Best prices too. It is 3 years old now and has had no problems. HD is still a few years away, just get a "ready" set for now.