Head resurfacing

Tyson

I need to get my 22RE head resurfaced seeing as I overheated it real bad at the night race. . . so I am calling out to those of you that have had head work done in orange county and can point me in the right direction as to where to get this done.

Thanks in advance.

Dave_G

RE:"I need to get my 22RE head resurfaced seeing as I overheated it real bad at the night race"

If your head is warped so bad that it needs resurfacing take a close look at the straightness of the cam line. Could be that you might need to do some heat straightening before resurfacing it.

Just a suggestion.....

Dave

Dave_G

RE:"the actual cam or where it sits?"

Where it sits. In other words is the line bore for the cam still straight? Does the cam turn freely by hand with all the valves, springs, and followers etc. removed? If not you might need to heat straighten it or get another core to work with.

Dave

BIG_FAT_LOSER

be aware if how much material is being removed from the head...surfacing / milling will lower the head on the block and in effect lengthening the timing chain, throwing the cam timing out of whack, requiring an adjustable cam gear to correct the cam timing.

As far as things to check on your cylinder head: check first if the cylinder head is cracked, then see how the surface area for the head gasket is warped with a straight edge, then check to see if the camshaft spins free with the cam caps torqued on the towers, then see if it needs a valve job (check the seats, valves, valve guides, springs, etc).