Headed to San Diego, recommend shop for 4wd Chevy LT build?

Fifty

Im driving the truck, a 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 down to Mcneil Racing for fenders and bed sides So I can run a 35 inch tire. I'll be stopping by deaver to pick up some leafs for a spring under conversion.

I am looking for suggestions on shops that would be interested in fab'ing up the front suspension to gain some better travel while keeping the 4wd. End use is hobby blasting through the nevada and cali desert etc. Truck has 9/10 travel and its just max'd out for what I'm doing.

Only thing on the market are the 2 extremes. Baja Kits at 12 inches of travel at $3500 and Kibbetech (16 inches) at $18,000. Im hoping for something not so kibbe in price and not so BK in travel.

Fabing this stuff up myself is not possible due to shop, but mostly physical constraints.
I have spoken to a few shops, Muzzulla, Dirt Kings, Camburg..Im trying to remember who else, but probably 6-7 more large and small who said they have no interest.

Does anyone know of a reputable place that will take on a smaller project?

PatrickBajaKits

Hey Fifty, I'm not sure what exactly your necessities are, but please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will do my best to help you out.

I can definitely work up a deal for you. I understand we aren't up there with Kibb at that 16" of travel... but shoot me a direct email, and lets work together to try and find some happy medium with a deal?

Patrick@bajakits.com

Fifty

Sent you an email Patrick
Hey Fifty, I'm not sure what exactly your necessities are, but please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will do my best to help you out.

I can definitely work up a deal for you. I understand we aren't up there with Kibb at that 16" of travel... but shoot me a direct email, and lets work together to try and find some happy medium with a deal?

Patrick@bajakits.com

Fifty

@PatrickBajaKits dropped you an email. This reminds me of when I tried to buy your spring under kit for the truck. Months and months of trying, email, phone, fb messenger, pm’s on forums etc. If I was lucky I got someone at the office to transfer me to a voicemail that was never returned. But usually it was a recommendation to send an email, or pm or messenger.

It took having the guys at deaver to crack down and get the parts.
It’s impossible To get ahold of anyone at your place to buy a product.

I see it will be the same issue to even talk about a product/project...

PatrickBajaKits

Fifty,
I'm out of office right now, and Monday I will be busy assisting with production.
I will get back to your email as quick as humanly possible.
I'm the only dedicated sales rep for the company, and we have one sales manager.
I'm sure you can understand, we have been EXTREMELY busy regarding the Black Friday deals we have facilitated.

Regarding our products, I was under the assumption via your email that you wanted something more towards 16" of suspension travel and not our 12" and we did not suit your application?
You would need to go full race kit to get up to 16" using our product, and that is not something we make for the Colorado yet.
You see, we are down one engineer, the vital asset that is the lead in new product development. We are working on getting another highly qualified engineer on staff, but there is not disclosed time on when that will be.

I apologize I have not responded to your email in a timely manner, I will do so when I am physically capable (likely this coming Tuesday).

Regarding a one off project, this is something we "can do," but right now, our man power is dedicated to building the 13 trophy truck order we have received since the Baja1k, 3 weeks ago, and manufacturing the 100+ big orders we received for Black Friday.

We're still a very small company, man power wise. We do big big business, but are still in the growth phase. So one-off projects requiring new product R&D are just not in our time frame and or budget at this very moment, but that will change in 2019.

We are acquiring a new 25,000sqft facility in Lake Elsinore that will up our production, our budget allocation, and time frames/lead times.
Rounding the 2nd quarter 2019, we will have more information regarding new and or updated product.

Again, I apologize for the untimely response to your email Fifty. We have been absolutely slammed with customer orders, processing, manufacturing, and shipping!

I hope you have a great weekend and I will talk with you very soon.

Patrick

Fifty

Patrick.
How in the world does that cover trying to buy an advertised part, as is, as sold.... for 4 months.

We’re you out of the office since June?

If you tell someone to call X or email X, or fb messenger X... as your company representatives did on the spring under, and nothing ever gets done... for months and months and months....

And then you tell me to contact you... regarding a set up I’ve mentioned my wishes above... and then crickets.

Well your history would lend one to believe to repeat itself when there is no reply. Especially after you request me to contact you personally.

And at that, if you didn’t reply because I wish for specific or approximate specs, why did you reach out in the first place. These were mentioned in the public posts.

I’m sorry your not new business has a staffing problem, and I’m happy your business is expanding.

I’d hope that you try not to drum up business you can’t attend too until you sort your house out too. It will just make customers and potential customers frustrated.

PatrickBajaKits

Patrick.
How in the world does that cover trying to buy an advertised part, as is, as sold.... for 4 months.

We’re you out of the office since June?

If you tell someone to call X or email X, or fb messenger X... as your company representatives did on the spring under, and nothing ever gets done... for months and months and months....

And then you tell me to contact you... regarding a set up I’ve mentioned my wishes above... and then crickets.

Well your history would lend one to believe to repeat itself when there is no reply. Especially after you request me to contact you personally.

And at that, if you didn’t reply because I wish for specific or approximate specs, why did you reach out in the first place. These were mentioned in the public posts.

I’m sorry your not new business has a staffing problem, and I’m happy your business is expanding.

I’d hope that you try not to drum up business you can’t attend too until you sort your house out too. It will just make customers and potential customers frustrated.

Well, my good man, I just started here 3 weeks ago, so no... I wasn't here in June.
I recently moved from Indiana with my future wife to enjoy So-Cal and the kind of racing I love most.

I'm sorry you didn't receive the communication you desired under the previous sales rep. My professional backround detailes being a successful midwest business owner, real estate agent, and residential property investor with a very suitable background for these kind of customer to business relations, so I can assure you, I will do everything I can to keep my relationship worth more than the product. Its how I've always done business and always will.

Again, I apologize I couldn't get back to you asap. I have over 100+ massive orders from paid, waiting customers to attend to and to lend a hand in other departments here and there.

You email was very detailed, and requires a lot of talk with the engineers, and conversations with the company owners to give a 100% accurate and specific response to your very indepth email.

I appreciate your concerns and I'll take them into account. Again, I'll will reach back out to you via email response Tuesday, when I have gotten answers from the appropriate individuals who can help with your needs. The questions that were asked are above my paygrade in the company, but I can assure you, I will do my job and get the answers you want.

Patrick

Fifty

Have you thought about using an existing kit and building mounts to match it to the truck ?

I did. I spoke with a couple places about using fabricated knuckles from a Silverado kit, and arms as well, and then building reinforcements to run the arms of the spread was bigger or if the height of the upper control arm mount was higher than the Colorado frame etc.

The idea of using the Silverado knuckle wasn’t an issue (should we find a company that would sell just the knuckle) but the fab work of engineering the control arm mounts on the frame was the same amount of work as just making something bespoke for the truck.

And then if the Silverado arms caused any interference or ended up just not being an easy enough of a fit etc etc.

The places I talked too essentially said it was easier to just build from scratch. (Accept the knuckle if the abs tone was the same between the two vehicles.)

And sadly, gm in all its brilliance decided to make the Colorado 6x120....

Couldn’t stick with the tried and true pattern the Silverado and just about everyone else is using....??? Noooooo.

So it’s either sell wheels, buy new ones, or run adapters or see if I can get front bearing/hub assemblies for the Silverado knuckles made into 6x120

I think the most successful option will be to take the factory knvckle and cut/weld it into a stronger piece that eliminates the upper ball joint for a horizontal mount, and better geometry, and make new Arms and upper shock mount.