Header prices?

redline

Reaction
2500-4500 depending on how intricate and material (mild steel or stainless)

R.E.F. Unlimited (928) 692-0111 does all of our headers. Just call Greg, send deposit, set up an appointment date, and then have a complete set of headers done in a day! Greg shows up with all of his own equipment to get the job done and done right.

Sonofed

Reaction
2500-4500 depending on how intricate and material (mild steel or stainless)

R.E.F. Unlimited (928) 692-0111 does all of our headers. Just call Greg, send deposit, set up an appointment date, and then have a complete set of headers done in a day! Greg shows up with all of his own equipment to get the job done and done right.

I have a shop down in ensenada and have built headers for customers, people keep saying I don’t charge enough so I wanted to have some kind of reference, but tna

jon coleman

Reaction
headers are a ' get what u pay for affair, dont be cheap, they can become a major hassle!!

Bert is my name

Reaction
Primary length and collector tuning, material, equal length, merge spikes, chassis configuration, etc. All of these variables add up to more money. Dyno time to optimize the header and collector length. How much do you want to spend and how do you want your engine to run.

Sonofed

Reaction
Sorry guys, should have added that I am a Mexican fabricator, trying to figure out if I’m in the ball park as far as prices for labor on making headers.

BTFfabrication

Reaction
I have charged $800 dlls plus materials and consumables, other jobs have not been more than that, I use good materials and Gas the inside of tubes on all welds.
Thanks for the reply, I was also curious for the same reasons. I do charge more than $800 though, so ya maybe you are too cheap!

jon coleman

Reaction
i did a stint at a road race shop, in same buissness park as this guy who did headers on hi end stuff, ferraris ect, 5 digits.....ouch, biggest headache w- hdrs is its usually last thing to do before race& a week to go, when do i need done ??, next week...

Bert is my name

Reaction
800 is a steal. If the quality is there. Decent off the shelf mass produced headers start at about 800 bucks. The prices rise significantly from there. Does it mean your stuff is worth that. I don't know. If getting exhaust out of the vehicle is your only goal than your prices might be spot on.

Sonofed

Reaction
I try to do a good job, always check engine specs and do what’s best for it, I use good materials, try and make them as aesthetic as posible, same length and always gas the insides for better results and everything is custom maid. People have said that I don’t charge enough and I know that is not good for the industry and specially in ensenada because the way this industry works down here

Bert is my name

Reaction
Without pictures it's hard for us to say if your prices are too low or not. I understand that you are in Mexico. But a good product is still worth the price no matter where it is made .

BTFfabrication

Reaction
Without pictures it's hard for us to say if your prices are too low or not. I understand that you are in Mexico. But a good product is still worth the price no matter where it is made .
However, products made overseas or in Mexico, (barring that the quality is comparable) can be made for a smaller cost. The US of A, is an expensive place to do business!

JP_JCM

Reaction
For stainless i start at $2500 for a standard 4-1 or $3000 for tri-y.

gwizz

Reaction
1556724499705.png
this

or this
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG

honestly find a "guy" who makes the style you like first. if hes bigg headded he might be overly expensive, but something like that even stainless shoudl be about 12-1400 a side. figure about a 600$ difference between mild and stainless total. at the end of the day the labor is the same so that only reflects material cost, and even that can change a bunch depending on length, complexicty of hte headder ect. aka if its got a ton of slip fits and 28" primary's like a real tt hadder its going to cost alot more.