• Forum membership has its advantages....

Heads up for NORRA folks driving from TJ

MasTacos

If you coming down to Ensenada for NORRA via the San Ysidro crossing, some of our Mag7 crews are reporting that the drive to Ensenada from TJ is very slow due to road closures and construction with detour signs being "sketchy at best".

Recommendation was that people consider crossing at Otay then the old Mex Rt 1 to Rosarito then the toll road to Ensenada.

MasTacos

Supplemental Racer Alert from NORRA

URGENT RACER ALERT:

BORDER CROSSING LATEST INFORMATION

ALL TEAMS MUST CROSS THE BORDER AT:
TIJUANA OTAY MESA BORDER ONLY

DO NOT TRY TO GO ACROSS AT SAN YSIDRO TEAMS WILL BE RETURNED TO THE US

ALL TEAMS WITH TRAILERS, RACE CARS AND SPARES MUST GO INTO DECLARATION

NO RACE FUEL IS ALLOWED TO GO ACROSS THE BORDER

THERE IS A LIMIT OF 4 SPARE TIRES PER TRUCK OR CHASE TRUCK MAXIMUM

RACE CAR MUST HAVE PROOF OF OWNERSHIP, TITLE, GREEN STICKER, INVOICE FROM FABRICATOR OR ANY PROOF OF OWNERSHIP.

BORDER IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION BE VERY CAREFUL ENTERING AND EXITING THE FACILITIES, EXTREME CAUTION WITH TRAILERS.

IN CASE OF ANY PROBLEM WITH CUSTOMS CALL THE NORRA TOURIST ASSISTANCE HELP LINE (52) 1 646 1371283
OR (619) 870 9137.

MasTacos

Not sure if that office is still open, I haven't been over that way in a while.

trailready

Whats the best route from Otay Mesa crossing to Ensendada?

Zambo

I just printed out the tourist card online. Its free if you put 7 days or less. You're still supposed to have it stamped. If there's not a guy at the border to stamp it then we'll just get it done in Ensenada.

La Tijereta

Tecate is open.. but still some construction in the downtown area.. Climb the hill and it is wide open to Ensenada.. Tourist cards are on the right side after you cross..

y2kbaja

We crossed at Otay last year, it was a mess with construction which I'm sure is done by now. We went to the declare lane having full manifest of our inventory. As we waited trying to figure out our next step we watched racer after racer going thru the other lanes. Anyway. The tourist visa office was there and open, and yes, 7-days don't need to pay. We were there maybe 30-40 minutes total (1 truck/trailer, 4 people) and we cleared to go.

From there we went south a few blocks to the main street east (Blvd Industrial/Mexico 2 on Google), after 5 miles we then went south on Baja 201. This dropped us in south of Rosarito. Very easy drive and I would do it again.

Zambo

The only places I've ever been hassled about the card are at the Sur crossing and more importantly at the airport. Had to go through a big redass trying to fly back one year when I didn't have the card.