• Forum membership has its advantages....

Heard the talk , whos buying SCORE

green787

Acer is ranting about a new series on facebook...

buckwild

Could the new owner possibly be a successful Mexican businessman and his children are racing in the 1000

bajarunner

It all makes sence now , they were heavily involved in the rosarito race , the took score for a test drive and they liked it , they test drove the corporate TT too , yup......... watch....... 2017 papás and beer score race series

Bdub 1020

The Poppas and Beer / Mexican logistics racing series. IMO I think it should be owned by Mexican business family. In fact it really has had nothing to do with Southern Calif. for awhile now. I would change it to like South to Cabo Offroad Racing Enthusiast lol.

calstyl2

Love the rumors, its always funny, Acer couldnt finish a race yet wants to run a series? Why would a family that just invested in a Trophy truck quit racing it after one race?
The person you want running the series is Gus Sr, smart, has contacts, recently retired from full time business and respected by everyone on both sides of the border.

JDDurfey

I could only imagine what the driver's meetings would be like with R. Acer leading them. I guess they would have to wire his helmet for a mic so everyone could hear him. He could get PCI to do it and then run a big PCI sticker on the side of his helmet as advertising.

Bricoop

I really hope whoever buys it brings in some knowledgeable guys from the sport to help with logistics, increase advertising revenue, bring down the cost for the racers and provide better coverage for those not on the course.

calstyl2

Its a hobby sport thats quite possibly the most difficult to watch, The fixed costs are high just to put on a event, either side of the border, doubt you will see costs drop for top tier racing.

FAT ROB !

Its a hobby sport thats quite possibly the most difficult to watch, The fixed costs are high just to put on a event, either side of the border, doubt you will see costs drop for top tier racing.

I agree,
Vildosola Racing knows how to package and broadcast the sport of off road racing.

Last edited:

calstyl2

Yeah, probably why I said Gus Sr should be running the series, but the Vildosola prep budget is probably higher than entire field of Class 5s that raced the series for the entire year. Keep budgets in mind.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Love the rumors, its always funny, Acer couldnt finish a race yet wants to run a series? Why would a family that just invested in a Trophy truck quit racing it after one race?
The person you want running the series is Gus Sr, smart, has contacts, recently retired from full time business and respected by everyone on both sides of the border.
How would it be any different if Rodrigo Ampudia buys it when his sons race in TT than if Gus Sr. buys it when his son races in TT?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
You tell me why Rodrigo would be better than Gus Sr?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I didn't imply any such thing. I'm merely asking why it would be an different. You seem to think Rodrigo wouldn't be a good option due to the fact that his sons are racing in TT, yet you think Gus Sr. would be a good option despite the fact that his son races TT. I see no difference in the matter.

calstyl2

I think he wants to race a little more still but so does Gus. It's all speculation, I don't think Rodrigo would be bad if you took that, I just think Gus has some better contacts to support the series.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

y2kbaja

Wasn't it the Papa's and Beer guys (not necessarily Rod Amp) that brought LOORS to Baja? They are in business and know marketing. I'm sure they have connections to pull off a desert race series. When was the last time Rod Amp podium-ed in LOORS and yet he's racing every single race. They are a dedicated family that seem to want the sport of off-road racing to survive.

Vildosola is the same. A dedicated family of off-road racers that are good for the sport.

There could be worse families on our short list. Current owners included.

Mark_Weyhrich

It just makes sense to have Mexican ownership.

I think either one of those families would be fantastic for the sport and for the people who allow us to race through their land. After all, it needs to make sense for both sides.

Huge respect for both. I am rooting for change!

vegasloki

One way a bit of the cost could be mitigated is to stop holding quals at SEMA. From a spectator standpoint it adds nothing particularly considering a $40 ticket for a brief amount of action. I don't see any benefit from the sponsor side that couldn't be done with an exhibit at SEMA with some trucks in a booth funded by big name sponsors. SEMA is industry, they know what SCORE is. Fans and potential fans need to be engaged and you aren't going to get that at a trade only automotive event.