Hearing Rumbling several Class 8 Trucks may run the Parker 425 and 2022 season?

92OCHO

RDC Crypto

Attachments

• 18F08E5E-B84C-4C2B-8DAD-BFF07D1AD9D2.png
    18F08E5E-B84C-4C2B-8DAD-BFF07D1AD9D2.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 48B6B5B7-A849-42CD-AC27-DB98BDAF65E1.png
    48B6B5B7-A849-42CD-AC27-DB98BDAF65E1.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • D7B75006-AD71-43D2-8069-A6E147D02677.png
    D7B75006-AD71-43D2-8069-A6E147D02677.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 0

J Prich

RDC Crypto
So I have to say... I’m just currently trying to carry on the tradition
this old girl has a lot of history that I’m not affiliated with
i have it in my possession at the moment and love the old school trucks
And this is the truck you’re bringing to the Mint, yeah?

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
Morrison's truck was bad ass and he could Rubio built that truck as well, won a championship then sold it I think, was yellow then. Searching through trackside photo's page is a great way to kill an afternoon reliving the glory days.

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
I was sure hoping to hear from some CLASS 8 Truck OWNERS on this thread.Good or Bad! Do any of you plan on running the 2022 season. If so, with what group, Why Or WHY NOT. What changes would you like to see that would encourage you to race again.
SNORE, MORE, LEGACY, BITD, SCORE, CODE, VORRA, NORRA

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
I was sure hoping to hear from some CLASS 8 Truck OWNERS on this thread.Good or Bad! Do any of you plan on running the 2022 season. If so, with what group, Why Or WHY NOT. What changes would you like to see that would encourage you to race again.
This thread has done a lot. It inspired the rebirth of the c8c. We will see what can be done by working with the promoters on some issues.

If any one owns a class 8 you should join the “class 8 coalition”. It’s on FB.

What I have found out in only a few days is that the big promoters are all thinking about class 8 right now. All of them have spoken of rule changes too. This is extremely sensitive issue for class 8 owners. If you would like to have a seat at table for the conversation with the promoters or a least know some one is representing your concerns you should join the c8c.

So everyone knows, and it’s said, I love class 8. It the only class I have ever raced. Let’s make sure we don’t let it get screwed up.

Last point. I don’t own class 8. The owners of class 8 trucks don’t even own class 8. Guess who owns the class? The promoter that recognizes it and choses to allow it run in there organization and buys trophies for it. They own it. If we don’t act like we care, we may not like the out come of what they decide to do with there class.

Last edited:

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
This thread has done a lot. It inspired the rebirth of the c8c. We will see what can be done by working with the promoters on some issues.

What I have found out in only a few days is that the big promoters are all thinking about class 8 right now. All of them have spoken of rule changes too. This is extremely sensitive issue for class 8 owners. If you would like to have a seat at table for the conversation with the promoters or a least know some one is representing your concerns you should join the c8c.

So everyone knows, and it’s said, I love class 8. It the only class I have ever raced. Let’s make sure we don’t let it get screwed up.

Last point. I don’t own class 8. The owners of class 8 trucks don’t even own class 8. Guess who owns the class? The promoter that recognizes it and choses to allow it run in there organization and buys trophies for it. They own it. If we don’t act like we care, we may not like the out come of what they decide to do with there class.
start with 8 drivers- owners ect' only'next thread, otherwise team wannabe Will post😘.If i could money- wise do Any class, its a v8 truck, someday, jeepspeed open, c8c, ect.$omeday...i just hope its a S load of entrys , 1450 , 8, whatever, showing up with one other guy in the class SUCKS, i used to love showing up to a 1700 race and see25 pre entries, now Thats Racing

Last edited:

12LaPaz

RDC Crypto

Josh several of us have been involved in this class for a long time and we sure don’t need anyone else telling us who class 8 belongs to

92OCHO

RDC Crypto
I apologize for the off topic posts totally my bad...

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
So far this thread has not done poop to inspire me with much hope! 98 percent of the response's have been people saying how much they love class 8. No ideas on how to get trucks out or what would bring more people out to run there trucks.

All sounded good at first, felt good as the forum post started, but I feel it's wishful thinking.

At this point there are NOT 8-9 people planning on Racing the Parker 425 in 2022. So the rumblings were not true.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Was there even 1??? It seems that the post was just a test gauge to see if anyone was running, let alone 7-8 rumored to be. Were you planning on running or just testing the waters to see if it would be worthwhile to enter because others were already planning to? I see this happen with lots of classes with low numbers. Someone asks who is planning to run a race and since everyone is sitting on the sidelines waiting to enter when the entry gets big enough, no one actually does.

MARXICO

RDC Crypto
I apologize for the off topic posts totally my bad...

So far this thread has not done poop to inspire me with much hope! 98 percent of the response's have been people saying how much they love class 8. No ideas on how to get trucks out or what would bring more people out to run there trucks.

All sounded good at first, felt good as the forum post started, but I feel it's wishful thinking.

At this point there are NOT 8-9 people planning on Racing the Parker 425 in 2022. So the rumblings were not true.

No apologies' necessary these are reasonable responses to your class 8 collation ,no need o go backwards and make rule changes to accommodate vintage trucks ,go race vintage if you need a trophy . The beauty of C 8 is the progressive's improvements staying with in set guidelines.

The true issue is car count but I don't think demographics ( location and age of car owners) are being taken into consideration in the 80s and 90 were the hay day of 8 trucks .Participants were in their prime of generating disposable income and at a different phase in their life's ,now pre pairing for retirement ,grand kids ,focusing on keeping their business alive in these troubled times .Take a poll on the average age of the truck owners verses sxs or cl 11 owners the majority are all under 50 with time and money more abundant .
Take these reasons into account and it will outweigh why people aren't racing verses the competitive SCORE legal trucks are smoking your truck with a steel cab . SCORE has always set the base line for class rules they set the standard. Dose this collation plan on changing the rules to make the last 10 SCORE trucks legal or are you trying to change those rules everyone has previously agreed to and invested in prior to this crybaby thread ? What do you want to change and why ?
I am not a Owner but have been racing in CL8 for over 30 years I don't see the trucks being the problem .
The problem is all the owner have different priorities now ,you are in a dated age group .
The problem is not the Trucks ,its trying to get everyone on the same time line ,convent location and within a certain budget, if you can fix that you will be a great race promoter .
After racing 35 years I finally have a CL1 but all my friends are too old to go racing ,never thought that would happen but I am sure many Original CL8 owners experience the same changes in life that I have

crafty

RDC Crypto
No apologies' necessary these are reasonable responses to your class 8 collation ,no need o go backwards and make rule changes to accommodate vintage trucks ,go race vintage if you need a trophy . The beauty of C 8 is the progressive's improvements staying with in set guidelines.

The true issue is car count but I don't think demographics ( location and age of car owners) are being taken into consideration in the 80s and 90 were the hay day of 8 trucks .Participants were in their prime of generating disposable income and at a different phase in their life's ,now pre pairing for retirement ,grand kids ,focusing on keeping their business alive in these troubled times .Take a poll on the average age of the truck owners verses sxs or cl 11 owners the majority are all under 50 with time and money more abundant .
Take these reasons into account and it will outweigh why people aren't racing verses the competitive SCORE legal trucks are smoking your truck with a steel cab . SCORE has always set the base line for class rules they set the standard. Dose this collation plan on changing the rules to make the last 10 SCORE trucks legal or are you trying to change those rules everyone has previously agreed to and invested in prior to this crybaby thread ? What do you want to change and why ?
I am not a Owner but have been racing in CL8 for over 30 years I don't see the trucks being the problem .
The problem is all the owner have different priorities now ,you are in a dated age group .
The problem is not the Trucks ,its trying to get everyone on the same time line ,convent location and within a certain budget, if you can fix that you will be a great race promoter .
After racing 35 years I finally have a CL1 but all my friends are too old to go racing ,never thought that would happen but I am sure many Original CL8 owners experience the same changes in life that I have
Lol I don’t race vintage to get a trophy nor do I see the need for rule changes. My truck was built in 1980 still has front coils in stock location and 52” rear springs 12” shocks all the way around. I could hack it up and make suspension to current standards but no thanks!! I have been throwing around the idea of running with 8’s and 1450’s with VORRA. Over the years truck counts were low with VORRA so he combined them all into group T. There has been 3-5 8’s at the races but with no class rep the promoter keeps all the truck combined. The Germans still spank all the 1450’s haha. People just need to get their trucks out and run them whether is top of the line current or a budget built like my ole mans. I believe there is a huge need for class representatives in each organization to get these trucks to stand out again.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Per FB, it looks like Cody Swanty is looking to bring the old Leduc/Glass truck to the Mint in December.

Attachments

• FA49039E-4740-44B6-BA96-EDAE9C272424.png
    FA49039E-4740-44B6-BA96-EDAE9C272424.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Lol I don’t race vintage to get a trophy nor do I see the need for rule changes. My truck was built in 1980 still has front coils in stock location and 52” rear springs 12” shocks all the way around. I could hack it up and make suspension to current standards but no thanks!! I have been throwing around the idea of running with 8’s and 1450’s with VORRA. Over the years truck counts were low with VORRA so he combined them all into group T. There has been 3-5 8’s at the races but with no class rep the promoter keeps all the truck combined. The Germans still spank all the 1450’s haha. People just need to get their trucks out and run them whether is top of the line current or a budget built like my ole mans. I believe there is a huge need for class representatives in each organization to get these trucks to stand out again.
I agree!! I believe VORRA made the right move by combining 8's and 1450 trucks, It has saved both classes! Truck counts were dwindling with both. Thats a logical move for MORE and SNORE. The events here in southern Nevada with SNORE and MORE are seeing reduced numbers. Primm and Laughlin events are way down in Truck counts. They have a big concern with having a Steel cab and working doors. However they have grandfathered in several full fiberglass trucks. They need to get over this. They're attempt to split the class into 1450 PRO AND 1450 SPORTSMAN IS A COMPLETE FAILURE. The 20 plus trucks that were going to race 1450 Pro never have showed up, 3-4 maybe 5. What happened to the 65plus 1450 trucks that raced Primm and Laughlin? The rest of the seasons events only have 4-7 1450 Sportsman show up and maybe 2-3 1450 Pros. Is this class dining. Should SNORE combine like VORRA did.