Hearing Rumbling several Class 8 Trucks may run the Parker 425 and 2022 season?

92OCHO

RDC Crypto
Meet with my neurologist pursuant to my neck surgery 6 weeks ago. Reviewed a new new MRI and its determined it is advisable i not race my newly built Class 8. So it for sale, listed here on race desert.

Damn …… chapters of life

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
So far this thread has not done poop to inspire me with much hope! 98 percent of the response's have been people saying how much they love class 8. No ideas on how to get trucks out or what would bring more people out to run there trucks.

All sounded good at first, felt good as the forum post started, but I feel it's wishful thinking.

At this point there are NOT 8-9 people planning on Racing the Parker 425 in 2022. So the rumblings were not true.

Well class11 has blown up lately probably to much. I think people like the nostalgia of it. I think class8 is right there with it! I’m not sure how to get trucks out but I sure hope to see some racing soon. Wish u well

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
Evens are you running Parker?

I think todd Richards will if the group goes that way. He is 1. The shoppe truck is 2. I am 3. Conrad Diaz has indicated he will go with the group so that would be 4. Are you gonna be 5?

Who am I forgetting? Oh, 12lapaz. Art do you wanna be 6? This would be over the hump to 10. I hope that if we can get 6 committed then I think 2 or 3 more will jump in. We just might get to 10.

*** If any one owns a class 8 and wants to join the group you can find us at class 8 coalition on FB***
Is the Wylie truck a class8?

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
I have talked to Todd and he told me the chassis is pretty much legal but the engine is not. His plan is to race in tt.

As it sit right now, I personally think we are going to have 10-12 8’s show at Parker. I think it’s gonna be a good show.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
C45CA7FA-0FB2-4A1E-8C4C-34BBB46FFA47.png

scottm

RDC Crypto
Website
www.cemaz.com
Wow!

Gritt

RDC Crypto
At one time Danny at Locations Racing had a list of over 120 class 8 Truck Owners. Many were still built after that. There has to be 160 ton180 trucks out there. Most are very reasonably priced if for sale or the owner are willing to deal. Currently I believe there are 6 to 8 trucks for sale. Many trucks were purchased to Prerun race courses, some had cabs and steel doors added to run 1450. Some have tried the conversion to 6100 but none have been competitive against the full tube trucks. Others have been running Trophy Truck like the German Class 8, they have done pretty well in Vegas To Reno events, even placing 16th overall one year I believe. Most still have great parts and can be competitive racing today. If it's the cost of racing and prepping the trucks that is holding people back from racing them. It due to the weigh of the trucks I believe, the parts take a beating. We need to figure out how we can make it more cost effective the race the trucks. Personally I feel they fit best and should be able to race with the 1450 class. Thats the closest class they would fit in. They just need to drop the requirements of full cab with working doors and just allow full fiberglass bodies!!! Hell 1450 looks to be a dwindling class as well. So is the new class they developed 450, it never got off the ground so just combine all three. Most are owned or were built or by blue collar working class people. We did some research years ago on class 8 trucks frames. Most were built with one of 3 frames. They weighed 2400, 2800 and 3200 pounds approximately. Excluding a few trucks that were built with 1.5 tube, the majority were built using 1.75 or 2.0 tube, they have a finish weigh of 5400, 5900 and up to 6900 pounds. This is full of fuel and drivers, sitting at the start line. I say run 1450, Heavy Metal. 450 and Class 8 trucks together. Call it a pro class (award some cash) run the reduced laps for cost savings by reducing fuel consumption, reduced entry fee, limit tire size to 37 inch, limit fuel cells to 60 gallons, steel block motors only, no fuel injection, Carbureted motors only!!! This will in turn also reduce wear and tear. Just putting out some ideas. You have any share yours!

Gritt

RDC Crypto
yes on putting those classes together. However I would sure like to run my KR 2’s and 3’s. great tires and improvement over projects.DDB

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Josh at this point it's not looking good, however! Im working with the neurosurgeon to start Physical Therapy in 3 weeks. I will work to build as much strength as possible then we will do a reevaluation. I will also look at designing left to right head head supports If I get a green light from the doctor. I may look at the Corbra seats as a alternative as the have built in side supports. Good to have in case of a roll over. I will still keep the truck up for sale. If it sells I will team up with a friend and split the driving between the two of us. Or if his truck sells we will team up using my truck.

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Is this for the Mint and for the BITD series In 2022,I heard they were also providing the 10k for the 1450 class. Is this also for BITD or is this for the SNORE series as BITD does not have a 1450 Class?

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Is this for the Mint and for the BITD series In 2022,I heard they were also providing the 10k for the 1450 class. Is this also for BITD or is this for the SNORE series as BITD does not have a 1450 Class?
The Mint is not part of BITD or any other series. This sponsor support from Nexen USA for Class 8 and 1450 is specifically for the Mint 400 only, both this year and next year.

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
Josh at this point it's not looking good, however! Im working with the neurosurgeon to start Physical Therapy in 3 weeks. I will work to build as much strength as possible then we will do a reevaluation. I will also look at designing left to right head head supports If I get a green light from the doctor. I may look at the Corbra seats as a alternative as the have built in side supports. Good to have in case of a roll over. I will still keep the truck up for sale. If it sells I will team up with a friend and split the driving between the two of us. Or if his truck sells we will team up using my truck.
Terry. I seriously know the pain that your going through having c1&c2 fused. They went in through the back on me. Plus I have some of my hip and and 2 stainless screws that are probably 4” long in there. And don’t forget the the aerospace .032 safety wire. I have X-rays some where showing it all. Needless to say I love my Simpson sport hybrid hnr.

If you make the race your a stud. It took me years to come back. Don’t push it for this. There will be another. 👍

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
It looks like one Class 8 Truck is entered in the Mint. Talked to the truck owner at tech yesterday, He couldn't find anything that indicated if there was a minimum number of trucks that had enter for the $ 10.000.00 purse to be awarded. Hes figuring he must at least finish!

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
jajaja. I think he is right!

Good for him. I have been slamming 40 hours a week into mine for 4 months to get ready for Parker. Just missed the mint. I got it driving at 5pm today.

I did a deep prep, new big rear axle and went from 35’s to 40’s.
2AE754B2-58D2-4125-8709-EF7B1B28044A.jpeg