Heavy Duty Beam

camp69

RDC Crypto
Building a heavy duty beam for the baja have seen some beams that got different diameter tube on the bottom thicker wall. If Im looking at this right i need to make bottom tube 2 1/2" .25 wall top tube 2" .125 wall is this right or any better ideas?

atomicjoe23

RDC Crypto
What kinda beam are you talking about. . .

Ford I-beam or Ford TTB. . .this is for me to know what you are talking about. . .I don't have the experience to answer your question for you. . .but I would like to know for myself as well. . .

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
This is for a buggy front beam.

And that is correct about the dimensions. Some racers even go 2.5 .25 wall on top and bottom.

_deleted_

doesnt not
RDC Crypto
Like one of the vw link pin/king pin beams. If I go this route do I have to get special beam bushings if so who sells them?

what are you building?? exactly?? what kinda engine and trans, torsion bars? or coilovers?? what are you plans??

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Kar Tek also makes a prefabbed beam (1.75") in custom lengths for pretty cheap and then you can just weld it into your chasis. Saves you a lot of work. This is the direction I am going on my Class-5 Unlimited Baja Bug race car. I am also selling my old 1.5" beam foddrill arms, 4" x 4" over-size, 5/8" Link-pins if you are looking for something for a prerunner rather than a race setup. Same with the old Chromoly 10" over beam.

Link below:

http://www.kartek.com/Product/Suspension/FrontBeams.html

J.JOHNSON

RDC Crypto
2" X .120 TOP TUBE AND 2.25" X .120 LOWER OR 2.5" X .250" LOWER. I can build you a beam if you are interested. PM

Attachments

• 12beam2.jpg
    12beam2.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 12beam1.jpg
    12beam1.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 327

kx125str99

RDC Crypto
Kar Tek also makes a prefabbed beam (1.75") in custom lengths for pretty cheap and then you can just weld it into your chasis. Saves you a lot of work. This is the direction I am going on my Class-5 Unlimited Baja Bug race car. I am also selling my old 1.5" beam foddrill arms, 4" x 4" over-size, 5/8" Link-pins if you are looking for something for a prerunner rather than a race setup. Same with the old Chromoly 10" over beam.

Link below:

http://www.kartek.com/Product/Suspension/FrontBeams.html

do you have any pics of the beam and arm set up you are selling?

CRAIG_HALL

RDC Crypto
Website
www.halldesigns.com
Don't forget to think about which arms will have the shock mounts, uppers or lowers.