Heidi and Cameron Steel's 7sx truck conversion to 7 open!

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Heidi Steel 2008 SCORE and BITD 7s Champion and DirtSports Driver of the year has really stepped it up this year as she is leading points in the unlimited V6 class 6 in SCORE. She has also been racing her 7s truck in the 7 open class in SCORE but her truck is not as competitive so the time has come to give it a major overhaul!

Justin "Bean" Smith will be the head fabricator converting this truck. The choice is obvious on what had to happen next. Camburg 3 link kit, full floater rear 2.250 hubs and our front 4.5" beams, heim radius arms and our new race spindles with 2.0 race series hubs.... Watch as Heidi's 7'sx truck is getting converted to a SCORE 7 open truck and be prepared to see her and Cameron own all in the 7 open class! :mad::D ha ha

I will post pictures of the build as I get them.....

Danny Alcala

Reaction
im excited!

pictures not available!

Shred918

Reaction
What is the difference between a 7s and a 7sx?... I know what a 7s is and what a 7 is. Sorry just a buggy dork with an honest question here.:confused:

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
7sx and 7s are VERY similar, i believe sx has very stock suspenion kinda like a stock full. and 7s has more room in the suspenion, reinforcing of parts and motor.

Steven_Tolbert

Reaction
7s is more like a very small old class 8 truck, stock frame steel cab but the the 7s has to have stock suspension like coil springs and rear leafs. I believe that the 7 open is even more like a small class 8, you have to have full length stock frame and either a v6 or 4 cylinder not too sure on the motor but you can have what ever suspension you want coil overs, rear link set up

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
7sx and 7s are VERY similar, i believe sx has very stock suspenion kinda like a stock full. and 7s has more room in the suspenion, reinforcing of parts and motor.
SCORE 7s and 7sx follow the same suspension rules, the only difference is the engine size.

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
7S = 3.0 liter / 7SX = 4.0 liter...

Good Knight Racing

Reaction
Wouldnt it be faster just to start with a new truck then switching all the parts the cage will not be setup in the ideal placment for the coilover in the ft or back with a 3 link seems to me cutting all this off and redoing it is more work then selling her old truck as a roller a bulding a new one.

fatnbald

Reaction
Wouldnt it be faster just to start with a new truck then switching all the parts the cage will not be setup in the ideal placment for the coilover in the ft or back with a 3 link seems to me cutting all this off and redoing it is more work then selling her old truck as a roller a bulding a new one.
it's rad to see another 7 open in the works.
but, why cut up a successful truck. the monetary value of a complete 7sx, especially that one and it's history of success, has to far outweigh any parts that can be salvaged, or the time that it is going to save to have the cab cage already complete.
i'm sure the burg has the steel's best interest in mind, but my immediate thought before even opening the thread was don't ruin that truck.

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
it's rad to see another 7 open in the works.
but, why cut up a successful truck. the monetary value of a complete 7sx, especially that one and it's history of success, has to far outweigh any parts that can be salvaged, or the time that it is going to save to have the cab cage already complete.
i'm sure the burg has the steel's best interest in mind, but my immediate thought before even opening the thread was don't ruin that truck.

the truck is chock full of irreplaceable race winning MOJO.....

...never dick around with MOJO. :D

fatnbald

Reaction
the truck is chock full of irreplaceable race winning MOJO.....

...never dick around with MOJO. :D
like the fries?

the pictures were downloading as i was generating the response. i now see that the deed is done, so crazy or not, it's done.
best of luck with the new parts old truck.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Jerry I was just wondering about how much it would cost if someone brought a bare ranger frame,and you put race beams,equal lgth steering ,trailing arms with housing with/ 3 or 4 link on it. Making sure all the points cycle correctly??

ZTFab

Reaction
IMO, this current market isn't exactly the best place to try and sell a race vehicle....even a competitive, class winning vehicle such as this.

The chance that someone would purchase this truck. for a worthy price, in time to fund a new build would probably cost them a season of racing....even if they chose to run the truck as it was they would have to incur prep and operating costs of a slower truck in a bigger class.

Good luck Heidi...the truck looks good!

Lance T

Reaction
Jerry I was just wondering about how much it would cost if someone brought a bare ranger frame,and you put race beams,equal lgth steering ,trailing arms with housing with/ 3 or 4 link on it. Making sure all the points cycle correctly??
You mean like this? http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58182

It will even fit 37's. Act now special deal for you only today!!! Call Jerry now! :p;):p;)

Good luck to Heidi and the gang with the new truck. Lookin good!

Richie_Bobby

Reaction
The truck looks good.
my dad and the crew mounted the all the suspension before it took off with bean.