Heidi Steele (from 7sx to class 6) in 6 weeks

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
No I was not on vacation since leaving Penhall's,I was head deep in rebuilding Heidi Steele's 7sx and transforming it into a competitive class 7/6 race trk,and PAB (cameron steele) gave me 6 weeks to have it race ready for Primm,sure no problem w/ the help of Jeff "O mouth" Lobster and the crew from SD,we delivered

Attachments

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
With the help of Jerry Zaiden,Jason Campbell(no relation,i am way more handsome),and the rest of the Camburg crew the trk was out fitted with there finest class 7 legal race kit,also long time supporters of the Desert Assassins , Currie Ent. stepped in and built us this bad to the bone 40 spline floater rear end sporting Camburg hubs

Attachments

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Fox stepped up once again a outfitted Heidi's new trk with some new shock absorbers,a 3" bypass w/ 2.5 c/o front and 3.5" bypass w/ 2.5" c/o rear also threw on a 2.5" bump in the back end just for alittle insurance,and outfitted w/ a Cone Ind swaybar kit

Attachments

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Man i took more pics than i thought,one of the silly swinger that took me 4 days start to finish and a bunch of words your children cant here,but got a total of 40deg of steering both directions and minimal bumpsteer,yes minimal,also built in quick steer

Attachments

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
She was alittle oversprung in the rear but racable thanx to Todd from Fox we got the trk to settle in,BIG thanx to Trever from PRIME FAB for letting me abuse your shop and letting our little circus produce . Primm didn't go as planned dropped 2 cylinders on 1st lap and a 3rd at the end of the lap but the DA doesnt quit we kept her going till SCORE timed us out 30 miles from finishing,but w/that Heidi is still in the points lead in class 6 going into the Baja 1000,thanx to all that helped that i forgot to mention,im going to sleep now,oh ya PAB had me make a new TT dash this week and only gave Blue and i 3days cause Heidi is racing the DRIVE event,WE GOT THAT DONE TOO!
SCM forever!

hondarider23

Reaction
hey truck looks great! is this that shop in dana point? if so thanks for helpin me with that bedside back in july!

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Shop in San Juan,Trev does alot of stainless stuff and powder coating,6 weeks ago it became a racecar shop!

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
DAMN!!!

6 weeks? Good lord!

Looks Grrrrrrrrreat!

fordnut

Reaction
Wow, 6 weeks!

Jkrell

Reaction
Great work as always jamie -- and in record time.

If you have any additional pictures of the steering setup post them up, I would like to see it in more detail. Thanks!

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Great job Jamie and crew! We are stoked to have you guys testing our products in the most brutal environment and leading the points while you are at it! We thank you for all the hard work!

hondarider23

Reaction
ya lol i was gonna say it didnt look like a truck shop when i pulled up, then i walked on back and saw this haha

Combz08

Reaction
GEEEEZZZZZZZZ you really are that monster fabricator that dirtsports did the article add on :) looks good jamie good to hear your staying busy

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Came out really really great! 2 questions, why not backhalf it and why are you running non-equal length beams? Just wondering is all, work is top notch wouldnt expect anything less though:)

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Came out really really great! 2 questions, why not backhalf it and why are you running non-equal length beams? Just wondering is all, work is top notch wouldnt expect anything less though:)
Kept the truck legal for class 7,which requires frame rails,thought resale would be better in the future,Camburg 's off the shelf equal length kit is to wide for class 7 specs (78") so we opted to run there standard unequal length kit otherwise they would have had to make 1 off custum beams,it was a better choice for both parties to run off the shelf stuff$,steering was a little simpler too with only having too build a single swing set ,once we have more test time the truck will be way competitive,we might even see PAB in the driver seat!

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
GEEEEZZZZZZZZ you really are that monster fabricator that dirtsports did the article add on :) looks good jamie good to hear your staying busy
Thanx Ryan,TTTTTOOOOOOO busy buddy,how is the AZ.