height issues

ryno_racing

Reaction
Hello everybody, i am new at this but i thought that i would get my feet wet by asking just a simple question and hopefully get some good insight. I am a little too tall for the car that i just bought. i need to gain an inch or two while i sit in the car so my helmet does not go above the cage. Any ideas?:confused::confused:

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
me too........took most of the foam out of seat cushions and dropped the seat mounts flat against the floor..then I pull the belts real tight!

ryno_racing

Reaction
doesnt that make the ride a little rougher than it already is?

Cameron

Reaction
You might try tilting the seat back, as this would lower you in the car. But you may have to move the pedals forward or the steering wheel back so you can still reach everythig comfortably(sp).

baja stu

Reaction
Get a non-suspension seat like a Sparco and lower the seat mounts. Sparco’s mount on the side of the seat so you can lose an inch or two just in a different mount.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
doesnt that make the ride a little rougher than it already is?
Yepper.. but seemed better than cutting the top of the car off at the time..it feels normal now..and I lowered the center of gravity by moving my 250lbs beer gut a little closer to the ground:D

ryno_racing

Reaction
i am thinking that i dont have to cut any of the roof/halo....if i decide to go up with the roof, just add two bars above the halo on top of the exisiting, the only issue with that is i ruin the lines of the chenowth chassis that i kinda like. the tilt deal might work but even then i dont know if it will be enough, i am 6'5". Should i just let my wife drive it and buy something bigger...ha ha ha, no way!!:):)

ACME

Reaction
Get a non-suspension seat like a Sparco and lower the seat mounts. Sparco’s mount on the side of the seat so you can lose an inch or two just in a different mount.
I wouldn't recommend this in a 9 car especially if the 6'5" comes with any meat. You'll be surprised how much you can gain by moving/lowering and tilting the seat.