Heim Clevis Source?

06dak287

Trying to source clevis' with an m24x1.5 thread pitch. Most shops go up to standard m22x1.5

Anyone have a source? Plan B is to adapt a rack and pin that accepts an m22x1.5

jeff

Is this for a Toyota by any chance?

Might be worth calling Dirt King as they offered a M24 x 1.5 clevis at one point.

Aloha

Last edited:

06dak287

For a Dodge Dakota.

Yea I thought one of the Toyota models had that same thread...

Dirt king was my first go to and they said they were 6 weeks out. That was 8 weeks ago. Emailed them today and they said they dont have them because of some threading issues or something.

BTFfabrication

Some of the BMS clevis’ come with a reducer bushing that threads into the rack and then that is internally threaded to accept a smaller bolt that physically holds the clevis. Not optimal but it’s an option for when your working with racks that have large bolts and nobody readily makes the proper one. I can post a picture tomorrow if this is unclear.

jeff

For a Dodge Dakota.
Yea I thought one of the Toyota models had that same thread...
Off the top of my head I think the 2010+ Toyota FJ Cruiser uses the m24 x 1.5 -- You might check around with some of the Toyota shops to see if they've got a clevis like that for a tie rod conversion kit. Camburg (and others) might still be selling the smaller 2009 FJ in M22 so watch out for that. Starting with 2010 Toyota made some changes and one of them was going to M24 x 1.5. It might be worth a call to Camburg to see if they offer the M24 x 1.5

Camburg Steering Heim Clevis Kits | Camburg Engineering

Aloha

06dak287

Some of the BMS clevis’ come with a reducer bushing that threads into the rack and then that is internally threaded to accept a smaller bolt that physically holds the clevis. Not optimal but it’s an option for when your working with racks that have large bolts and nobody readily makes the proper one. I can post a picture tomorrow if this is unclear.

Yea was talking with Nate. Think he said m22 was the biggest reducer they offered.

If I can nail down a make and model that has an m24. I'll just buy a steering kit for that truck and use my own tie rods. Camburg got back to me. No go there.

I'll start chasing some FJ information. Worst case I'll just stick to my OG design. Been using m24 all thread with a big m24 nut welded around creating my own bolt. Then welded tabs to it to accept heims. Caveman looking design but it works.

06dak287

so reading up a bunch of toyota forums. looks like the 10+ FJC and 4Runner has the m24 x 1.5 rack. which Camburg offers the clevis for that year and people on the forums were mentioning all pro and readylift supplying them with m16 clevis instead of the required m24 which confirms the 10'+ rack is m24.

but camburg said they dont offer anything in m24 so im guessing 2 things. either camburg sales isnt certain on their fjc clevis thread size or toyota stopped using m24 at a certain point?

Maybe ill just drop the $200 on the camburg clevis kit for the FJ and see what happens.

Unless anyone here has an FJC with a camburg kit that can confirm? *fingers crossed*

jeff

This is a wild ass guess but the Camburg clevis may only be available for the smaller 2009 and earlier size. It's possible Camburg isn't aware that Toyota changed to a M24 for the 2010 and newer FJC?

Somebody at Camburg should have the ability to look at the print for their part and tell you exactly what the thread type is.

Aloha

06dak287

That's what I'm thinking. The year range on the site is like 07 or 09 and up. Which would cover both size racks. Hard to believe I'm the first person to ask them about it. Lol.

I'll poke a prod them again and try to convince the sales person to dig a little deeper. Wish Jerry or Jason would chime in but I'm sure they're busy.

Makes me wonder if nobody with a 2010 FJ has ordered their kit to find out if it works or not. Ugh. Damn Dakota. Nothing is easy with this platform.

Thanks for all the input.

jeff

I know of at least one guy that bought the Camburg tie rod kit for his FJ and it didn't fit his "new" rack but that was a while ago. If it's news to Camburg that's only because the particular Camburg salesperson you talked to probably didn't have to handle the situation back when their parts didn't fit that guys FJC.

Aloha

06dak287

They just verified its m22. So their website is incorrect.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

jeff

I am not surprised.

Did you should suggest that they start building the correct part for the vehicles that they are advertising fitments for on their website? ;)

Aloha

06dak287

I am not surprised.

Did you should suggest that they start building the correct part for the vehicles that they are advertising fitments for on their website? ;)

Aloha

I didn't wanna beat a dead horse. Just advised them that the website is wrong. Lol. Nothing else on their website is of use to me because of my truck's model. You can't force companies to take your money. Lol.