Helicopter landing in Ocotillo

cleartoy

Reaction
Seen it at Devils Slide on sat as i was passing on my way to Shell Reef, just wondering what happend.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

cleartoy

Reaction
Welp, i was told that a guy sittin on his dirtbike on the top of Devils Slide was hit by a Toyota truck and life flighted out.

This really sucks people. Lets get it together.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

durtygirl

Reaction
I think a lot of people don't use common sense in thinking, oh theres a ridge can't see over it, maybe ill just stop here. Ive never been to Ocotillo Wells, but I have been to Pismo and riden with people who have come close to hitting kids or people that you can't see over a ridge of a dune and or rock...

suck it up solider

StockerDanger

Reaction
i heard he broke a couple ribs and both of his legs. i guess my brothers friend was standing right there when it happened. that really sucks. theres way too many accidents lately. the past 3-5 weekends ive been out there ive seen at least 1 hellicopter.

martininsocal

Reaction
Girl- the folks approaching the top are the ones who are suppose to look out, not those sitting there. You are never suppose to do a blind fly over, period. Unless you are sure no one is there, you should slow down or turn at the ridge and look. Its kinda like the rear end thing. If they are stopped and you hit them, it IS your fault. There is no illegal parking in the dez, just careless collisions.

If your gonna go, go BIG

ryans

Reaction
Sounds like we need some definitions as to what is accepted etiquette in the desert. As I said in the other post common sense is not available to those who are new to the environment. I'm not saying people are stupid, they just don't know what is predictable behavior when they are in different situations, the two examples on the board here working 1) coming up a blind hill, what should you be looking for and 2) coming up on slower traffic what do you do? Sounds like obvious questions but have we taken the time to talk about different situations and what to do in those situations. Now is as good a time as any.

Ryan
TOOMUCHFUN

durtygirl

Reaction
You know when you write a post, then go back and realize that you should have written it differently, yeah... I guess what I was trying to say is that you don't know if the person coming up the other side of the dune is going to have the proper desert eddict (sp?)...

suck it up solider

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
Nope, were different people. She lives in Northern California and I live in Phoenix.

<font color=red> Real Chicks drive sticks </font color=red>

NORCALf150

Reaction
ones my gf the other one isn't, but they both have the name chelsea

"death must be easy cause life is hard"

billymanfroy

Reaction
Totally off topic, but after hearing about sweetdevil/roadmap's "accident" on the fiddy, I am proposing ANOTHER new nick name for her:

"ROADRASH"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

sirhk100

Reaction
Yeah, that one is a little more creative!!!!

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I like Roadrash

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

sirhk100

Reaction
I went down... Opps, I mean I fell down this weekend and I'm still the "king"!!!!

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Well with that said...it should def go to Herbal Essence

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

murphco

Reaction
should we start doing a roadmap recap after every race?

aligned by laser,adjusted by hammer.