• Forum membership has its advantages....

Hello Desert Racers

Class10DAN

my dad just got off the phone with him and dan told me he would make me a class 1 car if i payed him 200k... gotta love the guy 😁

PeterT

didn't Dan race in mickey Thompson off road series if im not mistaken
Yep. We had an MTEG truck (a Ranger) that was first driven by Jeff Huber, then by Dan. It was originally sponsored by Citgo, 7-Eleven and Chief Auto Parts, then by various other sponsors. the engine was essentially a bored and stroked 2.3L Pinto engine. Esslinger designed an aluminum cylinder head for it that was also used by Roush on some road race cars. I think one of those was driven by Robby Gordon.

jon coleman

Yep. We had an MTEG truck (a Ranger) that was first driven by Jeff Huber, then by Dan. It was originally sponsored by Citgo, 7-Eleven and Chief Auto Parts, then by various other sponsors. the engine was essentially a bored and stroked 2.3L Pinto engine. Esslinger designed an aluminum cylinder head for it that was also used by Roush on some road race cars. I think one of those was driven by Robby Gordon.
heck ya!!, won del mar from pole, RG is a true wheelman!!

DuaneH

my dad is really close friends with a guy named Dan Esslinger who builds engines and race cars, i've never heard of Esslinger engineering but if they sell little inline 4's then i may have just found out something i never new for 5+ years
Esslinger was (and probably still is) the go to guy for the 2.3 Ford motors way back in the day. Mid to late 80's is what I remember.

Class10DAN

its so damn crazy that one person mentions someone and everyone has a story, this is why I love this Community

Kugel8x57

its so damn crazy that one person mentions someone and everyone has a story, this is why I love this Community
Also, another interesting connection for me... Some years ago, I went on a training trip to Germany. The company was in a little Dorf (village) name Esslingen. I have always wondered if the Esslinger's family were immigrants from Esslingen. 🙂