Hello everyone and thank you for the donations

stickybomb67

Reaction
Punkur67 had set up a posting for donations.

My name is Travis Henschel. I am in the Army and was deployed in Iraq when my MRAP MaxPro Plus was hit by an EFP (IED)
I sustained many injuries the worst of which is not being able to use my right hand, missing my left index, a moderate brain injury, and a deep laseration to my right leg and fractured tibia.
My wife had bought a frame and an engine before the incident and the plan was to get the buggy together so we could ride the desert as a family since some one was always left behind watching our little girl. After the injury I thought that this would not happen for a long time. I was pretty depressed that there was no way for me to work on the buggy and get it complete in the time I thought I had.
I was and am so amazed that the buggy was complete when we finally arrived home. I was transferred from Walter Reed Army Medical Center to Balboa Naval Medical Center 2 weeks ago. And Jeff presented this buggy to me and my family. We were so surprised and overwhelmed with gratitude.
Thank you to all that donated parts and money to Jeff so he could complete this. And thank you Jeff for all your hard work and long nights getting the buggy together. I still can't believe that it is mine... that it is done.
And no one will ever understand the relief it has given me, taking the buggy out for the first time last weekend in Plaster City and hearing my little girl scream "go faster daddy!" It made my spirits rise, it gave me even more hope to get better and that things will get better.
My goal is to stay in the Infantry even when the doctors tell me that I will not be able to, I will prove myself to be as good as I ever was, and the buggy has been amazing gift and so appreciated.
Thank you everyone that helped out!
Stickybomb

mattafact

Reaction
Thank you for serving our great nation and protecting our freedom! I wish we (me) could do more to help you and your fellow soldiers.

The car looks great!

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
Thank you for your service to our country! It is because of men and women like you that makes this the best country in the world! Glad we could help out and I'm sure wayne told you we invited you to come to whatever race we are racing (or all of them) next year and be a part of our team, but don't feel obligated. Anyway happy to give back to someone that has given so much for all of us.

Racetech

Reaction
Love the story HOOOOYAAAA. See you for MDR 17 OCT maybe. Wht F-150 from TN stop me so we can chat, just got back myself. AL ASAD - What a sh## hole. God Bless