Hello, my name is Hector Maymes

Maymes-1600

Reaction
Good day to all fellow racers and adicts of this awsome sport.

I'm very excited because I bought Jeffries old 2/1600 Jimco Chassis and I plan to fully restore and update the car to the highest level posible.

The main reason that I'm posting this is to relate and comunicate this project to others. I was racing in my 5-1600 but due to the oportunity of this upgrade we're stepping it up a notch.

If anybody has footage or information about this car with Jeffries since it was class champion in 97 and overall points champion also please let me know, I want to keep track of all the information I can gather up and post the evolution of this new project.

My name is Hector Maymes, Baja Mexico, I'm 26 years old, Cibernetics and Robotics Engineer.

- How you got into desert racing.
I started racing with my dad from the age of 14, first race was Ensenada to San Felipe 250. First Co-drive was at age 12...
My dad has over 25 years of racing experience in Baja, Nevada, Arizona (Hector "Borrego" Maymes).

- What vehicle you play with.
I have this Jimco Chassis, future Maymes Racing 2/1600... a 5/1600 and a class 11 car.

- Your future plans in respect to desert racing.
My future plans are to dominate as much as possible the 2/1600 car, hoping to be competitive and try to keep up with the car's success.

- What keeps you busy during the day? Job, School etc.
I have my own bussiness. I design and fabricate industrial and agricultural machinery and equipment, smart greenhouses, irrigation systems among other things. visit www.agro-mation.com

** If there's any way any of the Jeffries Crew or Damen can get involved in this project please do so... My intentions are to continue with the car's great ride and I know I can learn alot from any type of help or info that is provided.

Anybody who want's to be in this project is very WELCOME...

Thank's.

Hector Maymes.