Hello, My name is Jim

JHickel

Reaction
I joined the forum to learn more about offroad racing. Myself along with a group of friends are starting a race team at my college. Our goal is to design and build a Class 5/1600 Baja Bug and potentially race in the Baja 1000. I'm attending Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach, Fl. I look forward to scouring these forums to find out what we need. Thanks in advance.
Jim

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
That's quite a goal there Jim, good luck with that. Do you have any kind of desert racing close to you at all??? Do you have any kind of DESERT close to you??? Lots of info regarding builds can be found in the shop section, and I wish you luck in your off road adventures. Just stay out of the 'purple' section of RDC, it's pointless!!!

JHickel

Reaction
Well we've got lots of sand down here but not exactly a desert. I realize the baja is a pretty high goal and we have to start small. We want to at least get the car built and then go from there. So far we just have the rolling chassis, the club literally just got started a few days ago. It's gonna be a really, really long road.