Hello, my name is Ryan Perkio

RyanPerkio

Reaction
I've gotten back into desert racing after getting involved in Mag 7 (http://www.mag7race.com/). I found Mag on the web while looking for ways to get involved in the Baja races and more. I grew up racing desert on bikes. Our stomping ground was in Lucerne Valley, CA. My dad was a member of The Desert Vipers. We did course setup/management, racer support, and mostly just had a good time. I got away from racing and riding until recently. I'm freshly getting back into it. Haven't even bought a bike or car yet...but I'm getting there.

I've worked with Mag 7 in Baja and have supported one MDR race. We're scheduled to support the NORRA Mexican 1000 this September as well.

I found this website through a friend. He emailed me the link.

I don't yet have a vehicle, but it's a dream to race the desert. I guess we'll see how things go. Right now, I'm just trying to get involved and learn.

My future goals are to race.

During the day I work as the Director of Operations for Amor Ministries (www.amor.org). Amor is non-profit organization that building homes in Mexico, South Africa, and on the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation in Arizona. This year has sucked, but historically we'd build over 1,000 homes a year. Amor has been around for over 30 years and has built over 16,000 homes since 1980. So, that's what I do. If you want to know more, just ask.

Well, that's enough for now. Thanks for having a great website, I look forward to learning more about the desert.