• Forum membership has its advantages....

Helmet camera on the street legal or not?

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Is a GoPro mounted on your helmet legal on the sreet?

I know thiers a DOT law that you can't modify a helmet, what about suction cup, existing visor screws or 2 way tape? No drilling, epoxy, etc.

That being said CAN YOU legally have one on your helmet while riding on a public street road or highway?

After last week's latest Touron (mix of tourist & moron) stunt I want one so my airs can witness the cause of my demise.

CMA GUMBY

Don't know if it's legal or not. I do see a lot of them on L.A. freeways. Most look like suction cup or Velcro type mount. I put dash cams in both cars, and my Semi. Mounted properly it should be no different than a dash cam.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
The correct answer is yes it's legal in Wyoming, BUT and I mean a big BUT tell that to the US Forest service pri.k with a gun (that's another story) that's checking your snowmobile registration & you turn your head towards him with one of those things glued to The right side of your helmet.
That's when he went postal on my ass telling me to turn it off!!! law enforcement are the ONLY ones that can film a "detainment"...........really?

I'm going to talk with the sheriff Monday about that one, BTW I have all of his ranting on film WITH sound hehe

My grandfather told me along time ago to NEVER screw with an old man with money!
I understand the old man thing but the money part I missed out on.

CMA GUMBY

1st Amendment gives citizens the right to video any and all things that you can view from a public right of way. "The eyes can not Trespass". Your LEO needs to be schooled on the oath that he/she took to uphold and enforce Public rights.