• Forum membership has its advantages....

Helmet Cleaning Techniques

bobsson

Wash liner on the lowest setting in my washing machine and let it air dry. As for the he outside, just soap and water.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
The Molecule "Refresh" works great for getting rid of stink, we sell it online and have it at the races. Molecule also sells a wash product for suits that will also work on removable helmet liners.

The thing to NOT do is zip it into a gear bag as soon as you take it off, it needs to air dry first. Using an air hose to get most of the dirt out is a quick and easy way to keep the dirt from getting ground in tot he liner. I use an air hose on my car and moto helmets before they get put away between use.

SuperRanger

Have someone hold the pressure washer and I run it through the stream to get big mud off. Windex and a microfiber do the rest. I keep it on a helmet dryer during race weekends.

AZ7000'

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
UPR sells a really nice helmet dryer that we use every time we go testing. Highly recommend. And throwing in a dryer sheet when it's in the bag is a must.

Power Monkey

What helps keep the helmet and liner sanitary is baking it in the sun after washing. Nukes the nasty bacteria.