Helmet...comms

Fifty

Reaction
Im trying to sort through everything.... looking for a pair of open faced helmets that can communicate electronically to each other, and also have access to an icom ham radio.

I looked for a second on rugged radios website but saw a $70 hjc or whatever helmet.

$70 helmet for a $70 head.

was looking to see what works with the Simpson hybrid hans and also can run provisions for the coms as said above.

is rugged radios the smartest place to get the comms sorted? Any ideas for a good open face helmet that can run a good set of hearing and mic?

thank you!!!

wrightracing.net

Reaction
Rugged is ok and does good work, but PCI has more experience with Professional team work. I had some quality issues with some stuff from Rugged year's ago, but not any issues lately. Steve Gonzalez at Rugged is a great guy and someone you can trust to point you the right way. At PCI, they can help you also.

landshark

Reaction
We are running the PCI open face helmet comms kit in our Helmets (a Bell and another brand I cannot recall) We have it plugged into a PCI Intercom and that is tied in with a Kenwood Race radio. Driver and Co-Driver can talk freely, hit a button for Radio. I installed both kits and it was fairly easy. Haven't had any issues except hearing inbound radio over 50mph... no idea why but suspect its our radio. The intercom has DSP and has decent squelch to get rid of the wind noise as we run with no windshield + open face helmets. We currently don't use a HANS device (donuts here) but I am looking into it.

Fifty

Reaction
Hans is worth its weight in gold.

I was a evoc instructor for 9’years. Taking PIT maneuvers over and over and over and over and over and over ....

went from donuts to hans...

most cops can’t see the big external cage to rub during the middle of the day. I don’t know why people think we can see whose behind the wheel at night from 50 yards when their windows are tinted ....