helmet conversion

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
This is something you shouldn't be tight on It will haunt you ,just send it to P.C.I and save all of the head aches!!!!! I herd of to many horror stories!!! MY .o2$

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Yep, PCI would be the way to go. But, we did it with some PVC pipe. Used an elbow. You can use the threaded kind or drill the hole properly and use PVC cement. Our "pumper" fan was an old heater/AC blower and a K and N filter. This was YEARS ago!! Lol...It worked and didnt look bad. You may want to practice doing it with an old helmet to see if you like how it comes out.

Becerra

Reaction
take it to doug at parker pumper. (bsr west)

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Yep, PCI would be the way to go. But, we did it with some PVC pipe. Used an elbow. You can use the threaded kind or drill the hole properly and use PVC cement. Our "pumper" fan was an old heater/AC blower and a K and N filter. This was YEARS ago!! Lol...It worked and didnt look bad. You may want to practice doing it with an old helmet to see if you like how it comes out.

HaHa you are so dating yourself.:D I had one of those setups in my old Baja Bug. Thought we were so cool.

SJ073

Reaction
I did the do it yourself kit and it worked the first two races but by race #3 it was done. I went with a PCI helmet after that.

D. Freeman

Reaction
Have you considered a windshield and A/C? ha ha just kidding. Try Racer X in Santee they sell helmet wiring kits, pumpers ,parts, etc.

Racbaja

Reaction
I cut the pumper inlet off my old helmet and attached to new helmet with no problems and if you glass it right you can't even tell.

Havasubud

Reaction
If you go to ebay, there is a guy selling old stock helmets that are new. If you search g force forced air helmet, he will come up. I bought one and it was $107.00. They are SNELL SA2000, even though the one that he sent me was SA2005. Went to PCI and got the intercom kit and to DJ Safety to get the helmet restraint. Worked out well.

WideOpenMotorsports

Reaction

Mike_Cohen

Reaction
If you go to ebay, there is a guy selling old stock helmets that are new. If you search g force forced air helmet, he will come up. I bought one and it was $107.00. They are SNELL SA2000,.

As a safety advocate and distributor of these parts I am glad to see the M Rated hlemets phased out. The SA ones are just plain safer and better for what we are doing in a racing environment. However, please be careful with the SA2000 rated helmets as most race organizations only allow 10 years from the Snell date. Thus, those might only be good until 2010!

There are lots of good companies in our industry that sell current and competitively priced safety equipment (Racer X Motorsports, UPR, Mobile Radio Communications, Parker Pumper, PCI, to name a few). Please, give them a chance and continue to support the companies that support our sport. Besides, nearly all of those mentioned sell their products through dealers, the parts houses you all support too.

Happy shopping!

Best regards,
Mike

Last edited: