Helmet fresh air...no more filter

RDC Crypto
Test it in Nevada silt and let us know the results.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
RDC Crypto
What if you put a filter between this and the helmet? It would never get clogged and you'd be assured to get incredibly "clean air"

It is 99.4% efficient, so why would you put a filter on it? No need. More dust comes through your shield seal and under your skirt than that. Run 'er.

Advertising supports this site

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
It is 99.4% efficient, so why would you put a filter on it? No need. More dust comes through your shield seal and under your skirt than that. Run 'er.
99.4% in a controlled testing environment using a specific dust coarseness. There shouldn't be any downside to putting a filter on it and If commercial applications determine there's a benefit to running a filter after a centrifuge I'd be surprised if there wasn't also a benefit here.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
RDC Crypto
I just got my helmet fresh air particle separator last week and tried it at KOH. Dusty early in the week then it pissed rain, so not a perfect test. But my first impression is that it works amazing. No drop off, no schmutz inside of the tube. Just fresh air in volumes greater than what I am used to. And the fan noise was less than my old system. I will report back when I get out in some worse conditions.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
I was wondering how the air filter worked on the Trophylite at Parker?

With everything else we had to do to the truck we didn’t have time to put it on. Wouldn’t have mattered though, Parker had basically zero dust.

We ran good, got up to 3rd place then the pinion decided to leave the third member just after pit 2 on the 3rd lap. Urgh!

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

steve0we

RDC Crypto
Website
www.TPMracing.net
With everything else we had to do to the truck we didn’t have time to put it on. Wouldn’t have mattered though, Parker had basically zero dust.

We ran good, got up to 3rd place then the pinion decided to leave the third member just after pit 2 on the 3rd lap. Urgh!

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
So glad someone in the world gives a honest review! Normally it would have been....."It worked amazing!" lol

dhjeepgeek

RDC Crypto
Ok then, As usual the link on the first page didn't work for me. Can we get an good link to see the unit, And as others had asked, Cost. ??

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
RDC Crypto
Helmet Particle Separator <--- website

The base unit costs $399 and then you add options for pumper hose by length, mounting brackets by tube O.D. etc.

FYI...there is two separate electrical motors working on this unit; one for the centrifuge to swirl out dust and the other to pump fresh air in after the bank of particle separators have done their job.

...and it comes with a speed controller for the fresh air fan.

Last edited:

_

RDC Crypto
So what happens to the centrifuge fan when the front tire kicks up, or the vehicle in front of you roosts massive quantities of fine to medium sand directly into the intake of the particle separator? Does all this sand then pass through (or need to pass through) the centrifuge fan to fully and completely exit the unit?

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
So what happens to the centrifuge fan when the front tire kicks up, or the vehicle in front of you roosts massive quantities of fine to medium sand directly into the intake of the particle separator? Does all this sand then pass through (or need to pass through) the centrifuge fan to fully and completely exit the unit?
Where do most guys put the intake? How would this be different than a traditional parker pumper? Seems that they would be the same.