• Forum membership has its advantages....

Helmet Lights for in car use

Chris Tobin

Looking for something for the 1000, found this as an option. Has anybody tried them ? Good / Bad, if so why ?

HELMET LIGHT – RED-E Products
Since that one runs off a single AAA battery I can't really see it being very bright or lasting very long... I'd look for something else...

powerbox_builder

GoPro mount on the side of your helmet and 2 zip ties. Then you can use whatever light you want, the free Harbor Freight light or some $500 super duper tactical plutonium powered light.
I copied this idea from another thread on here and have race tested it - it works.

mgobaja

GoPro mount on the side of your helmet and 2 zip ties. Then you can use whatever light you want, the free Harbor Freight light or some $500 super duper tactical plutonium powered light.
I copied this idea from another thread on here and have race tested it - it works.
if you get a chance could you post of a picture of the end result please ?

ANDRXW

You may have to get creative with a switch and power (and having it mounted to your helmet/hans) but I've always been curious about using a small Rigid light to a GoPro mount.

Rigid Light.png

AZ7000'

I cut my teeth with pistol.... a headlamp glued on w the right stuff gasket maker

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

retroblazer

Interesting idea, but why add weight to your helmet? In general it's a bad idea to mount anything solid on the outside of your helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

AZ7000'

Have you seen a harbor freight headlamp? Nothing solid about it!

J Burleson

Yup, the GoPro mount works great. I use a bicycle light i found at target that has both a front facing light and a rear facing red light that flashes I like this cause maybe it gives a bit more chance of being seen in the dark if you are outside the race car.

MARXICO

I use industrial Velcro and leave the light mounted on the race car dash until needed. I have the light mounted to the chin area,the Velcro makes it handy to remove outside the car and use it as a flashlight to get in tight areas that you cant really aim at while wearing your helmet .It isn't necessary to have the light mounted to your helmet during the entire race, think about it

mgobaja

I use industrial Velcro and leave the light mounted on the race car dash until needed. I have the light mounted to the chin area,the Velcro makes it handy to remove outside the car and use it as a flashlight to get in tight areas that you cant really aim at while wearing your helmet .It isn't necessary to have the light mounted to your helmet during the entire race, think about it
something to consider for sure

R_LLEWELLYN

This is what I've used for a few years now. A coast light from Home Depot with 5 bright white LEDs and a single red LED (button on the bottom) that is great for inside the cab when u need it and it doesn't blind or distract the driver. A tip from my heli pilot buddy

BANNED4LIFE

i like the one glued on the front chin of your helmet, can be easily used in the car or perfect for changine flats at night with helmet on......and then always have a headlamp with strap in your pocket for repairs that you would do without your helmet on.....then you double the chances that at least one will still work.......