Helmet paint

Polarcub

Reaction
I am currently on deployment with the USS Nimitz and its Battle group. The Commanding officer of the Nimitz is turning command over and the officers on board are looking to get him a going away present. They have a design that they want to have painted on a half lid Harley style helmet . My internet is very limited right now so if any of you know of a good helmet painter and could pass the contact info my way I woulld appreciate it. I would prefer it to be someone in the socal area but the intent is to have the helmet mailed to the outgoing commanding officer at his residence in San Diego. My email is polarcub.jeremy@gmail.com if you know someone, thanks.
Jeremy

gil_caz

Reaction
troy lee designs in corona

they do custom work, but its pricey compared to smaller companies.

bomber

Reaction
x2, beat me to it

true offroad racing

Reaction
AP designs does all our stuff for the Nitro Circus / True off-road team. They also do a lot of the athletes you see in the x-games. I will post pics when I find them.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Use PDailey's guy. I have seen his work and it is sweet..

DBMETALWORX

Reaction
Myspace.com/andysartworld3, you see can mine about 1/4 of the way down on the left.. My name is on the pic.. He does awesome work. And really reasonable... He did 6 for our team..

DNPHOTO

Reaction
Myspace.com/andysartworld3, you see can mine about 1/4 of the way down on the left.. My name is on the pic.. He does awesome work. And really reasonable... He did 6 for our team..
I actually had a "not the greatest" experience with Andy. Part of the helmet was great, and then he decided to chimp out on the main piece. A group got together to pick up a gift for a good friend of ours who spent 22 years in the Army and was very proud to be a Ranger. When he got out, he went off to MMI in Phoenix to spend a few years schooling. The gift was a graduation present/late retirement. Desert camo with flames...and Andy's original idea was to take a bunch of important dates and put them in bullet holes around the helmet....but when I got it back, this is what he had done. He copied my list of dates to the letter on the back...with what looked to be a sharpie...and cleared over it. I was really disappointed and we had no time to get him to repaint it.

The front came out killer though...

Attachments

57Racer

Reaction
Wow, talk about cheezing out. Thanks for the heads up.

Polarcub

Reaction
Thanks for all the info everyone, unfortunately the people here on the ship went a different direction. I appreciate the time spent providing the info.
Jeremy

michael_loomis

Reaction
X100 on RADesigns!!

Brock_Beeson

Reaction
I actually had a "not the greatest" experience with Andy. Part of the helmet was great, and then he decided to chimp out on the main piece. A group got together to pick up a gift for a good friend of ours who spent 22 years in the Army and was very proud to be a Ranger. When he got out, he went off to MMI in Phoenix to spend a few years schooling. The gift was a graduation present/late retirement. Desert camo with flames...and Andy's original idea was to take a bunch of important dates and put them in bullet holes around the helmet....but when I got it back, this is what he had done. He copied my list of dates to the letter on the back...with what looked to be a sharpie...and cleared over it. I was really disappointed and we had no time to get him to repaint it.

The front came out killer though...
ouch.