• Forum membership has its advantages....

HELMET Restraints (SCORE)

GBRACER

With the new rules from score I wanted to know what people are using.
I look at some of these systems and they look like they could be uncomfortable to wear.
Want to know the pros and cons of what you use, I will be buying a new helmet and restraint system soon.
it looks to me like the strap style would be more comfortable.
Thanks
Grant.

pcoplin

We use the Necksgen. I like it, and don't really notice it. Haven't used the Simpson, but didn't want a harness setup. It just sits on my shoulders and is very easy to take off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AZ7000'

Just got my R3 re certified at Simpson. My favorite. Still functions if you don't get the seat belts over the device which is challenging at times in the heat of battle.

I'm not sure if you can still buy them though...

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

swiftracing5

Necksgen works well for me, plus score just allowed 2.5" wide shoulder belts which will help keep it seated on your shoulders.

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
Ive switched from an R3 to NeckGen Rev from Impact and really like it for the following reasons.

1. I attach to the helmet before I put the helmet on and can leave it attached all day no matter what happens.
2. When you are not strapped in you won't even know its there. It just floats under the helmet and give you a full range of motion.
3. While you are strapped into the car it works well but still allows you to look side to side better than others.
4. There is nothing going down your back or front and works with suspension and hard seats.

AZ7000'

I support everyone's choices, for the op I just wanted to remind that with some choices the belts MUST be over the hnr. After a tire change or fix I'm breathing so hard I consider it just dumb luck to get the belts over the hnr while getting going. It may be easier for others but if the belts aren't over then it truly is like wearing nothing at all...

firedog

Most of our team use the Leatt MRX. We have only had 1 complaint out of 6 that it rubs on his collar bone and creates some discomfort. Try the different options out there and see what works for you.

Maxwell_99

I have used the D-cell, necksgen, Simpson pro and hybrid, and R3. I like the necksgen and hybrid the best. Hybrid holds you in the seat better and the necksgen is more convenient. I hated the R3 with a passion.

Chris Tobin

I've only worn the Simpson Hybrid, and only for a hundred and something miles... But getting in and out of the truck to get us unstuck and make repairs was easy as was reconnecting it. I thought it was comfortable while racing from the right seat too.

Crazy question, I'm in need of a couple of restraints for the Baja 500. Is anyone interested in renting theres? It will save me a few hundred dollars. I have 2 already but with 4 co drivers I'd rather have 2 or 3 more so I don't have to take off and switch at every pit. Thx in advance- mike

M.Harvey1600

Crazy question, I'm in need of a couple of restraints for the Baja 500. Is anyone interested in renting theres? It will save me a few hundred dollars. I have 2 already but with 4 co drivers I'd rather have 2 or 3 more so I don't have to take off and switch at every pit. Thx in advance- mike

I have an R3 you could rent