• Forum membership has its advantages....

Help a guy out? I know nothing of suspension kits….

bender

I am shopping for a suspension kit for my truck, but have non idea where to begin, I wish for simple bolt on with a better than factory ride. I have a 2002 Chevy 2500HD 8.1 that i love but i want better/softer ride. it is horrid on medium washboard, I would love a Ford Raptor, but I refuse to have another truck payment.

I do not pull trailers over 5k lbs. Don't care if it stays at same factory hight or if i need up to 6" lift?

I'm not looking to only have bigger tires, I want softer/more compliant ride...

I was thinking of even just a mild 3" lift (manufacture?) with a softer spring kit? what is a decent company?

budget would be $1500-5000? anything cheaper than a new truck really…..

I have no dreams of grandure, I do not race, I just want my 2500HD to ride like my old 01 Tahoe!

please point me in the right direction….

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Maybe get a half ton truck after you sell the 3/4?

Seems easier than turning 3/4 into a half.

CFreeLV

If all your after is a smoother ride I would get air bags. you can get them between $300-$2500 depending on if you install them yourself and if you want a built in compressor. Doesn't give you any extra travel or off road capabilities but makes it a pillow driving with no tongue or bed weight. My .02

I am shopping for a suspension kit for my truck, but have non idea where to begin, I wish for simple bolt on with a better than factory ride. I have a 2002 Chevy 2500HD 8.1 that i love but i want better/softer ride. it is horrid on medium washboard, I would love a Ford Raptor, but I refuse to have another truck payment.

I do not pull trailers over 5k lbs. Don't care if it stays at same factory hight or if i need up to 6" lift?

I'm not looking to only have bigger tires, I want softer/more compliant ride...

I was thinking of even just a mild 3" lift (manufacture?) with a softer spring kit? what is a decent company?

budget would be $1500-5000? anything cheaper than a new truck really…..

I have no dreams of grandure, I do not race, I just want my 2500HD to ride like my old 01 Tahoe!

please point me in the right direction….

JDDurfey

If you are going to go with air ride, look at Lift Kits, Truck Accessories, Agricultural Equipment & More I have one of their systems on a 92 Dodge. It rode like a tank before and after I installed both front and rear systems it isn't even the same truck!

I just looked and they don't have anything for the front of your truck, but the rear system they have that replaces your hitch and connects to your leaf spring shackles works really well.

biggjim

Where are you looking for the better ride? Front? Rear? Both? Is the truck 100% stock? Leveled?