Help.. about Brakes..

cancinoj

Reaction
we really need an advice about what setup to put in our truck,. we want to replace the stock brake system, need to ger rid off the vacum booster system,. we want to replace that with a system like this but i see soo many options but how to choose, what do we really need,. i know longer arm will create more pressure on the master cylinder and bigger diameter means more volume , but, how much is enough, our truck is a class 3, ford explorer sport, so, what should work for us,. how long the brake pedal 12,13 or 14", cylinder diamater , single cylinder or dual cylinder, with remote reservoir or what,. hope you can help us out with this,. thks,

thks
chupakabras racing team.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I use the same set up you have pictured including a longer brake pedal. It took some experimentation for us to get the right combination of stopping power and comfortable pedal feel.

Give CNC a call and they can help you put together a system that will work. They will ask you about vehicle weight, current rotor size, number and diameter of the caliper pistons, etc. They should be able to get you in the ballpark.

CNC, INC. 1221 West Morena Blvd. San Diego, CA 92110
619-275-1663 619-275-0729 FAX

Giant Geoff

Reaction
If you run the CNC pedal you have to replace all the calipers at the wheels to 4 pistons.
If you only do the pedal it will not be able to stop. I prefer the stock set up you have if you stay under a 35” tire.

cancinoj

Reaction
I use the same set up you have pictured including a longer brake pedal. It took some experimentation for us to get the right combination of stopping power and comfortable pedal feel.

Give CNC a call and they can help you put together a system that will work. They will ask you about vehicle weight, current rotor size, number and diameter of the caliper pistons, etc. They should be able to get you in the ballpark.

CNC, INC. 1221 West Morena Blvd. San Diego, CA 92110
619-275-1663 619-275-0729 FAX
did you kept the stock calipers?

cancinoj

Reaction
If you run the CNC pedal you have to replace all the calipers at the wheels to 4 pistons.
If you only do the pedal it will not be able to stop. I prefer the stock set up you have if you stay under a 35” tire.
we will stay with 33" tirers,. its really scary to ran out of brakes if the engine stalls going uphill or downhill, so, hope not to need to replace the calipers too:D,

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
did you kept the stock calipers?
Originally we ran the stock Ranger calipers front and rear. We later changed to Wilwood which have four pistons instead of one.

Giant Geoff

Reaction
That’s a great test to know what the CNC pedal will be like. Stall the truck and you’ll know what the CNC pedal is like all the time.

cancinoj

Reaction
so, what brake pads compund do you guys run in your truck,. semi or metallic,. or what? whats the most common used in off road racing,.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
We currently use the Wilwood #7112Q pads for the Dynalite calipers. Wilwood has come out with a "BP" series of pads which are supposed to be good also.

If you use the Wilwood pads, you really need to research which pads you need. Many of the brake pads they sell are completely worthless for desert racing. The effective operating temperature for some of their road racing and sprint car pads are way above what you will ever see during an off-road race.